• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

7 Screenshots

About This File

Base and RoG compatible

The Fish Farm is a self sustaining food source.

While exploring one day,Wilson came across what looked to be an old wash tub.Upon closer inspection he discovers that bees had built their hive on it.So Wilson the honey lover that he is,wants to collect the honey. Paying no mind to the water in the tub,starts to collect the honey,and when some droped into the warter he was startled.Wow what a big fish!So he looked into the water and noticed several big fish.At that point he decides to salvege the whole tub hive and all,so he could rebuild it for furture use.

-The bees collect pollen from flowers,so the more flowers you have the better

-Bees use pollen to make honey

-Honey oozing from the holes you made in the box,feeds the fish

-Fish then grow and multiply

-There are 3 stages of growth,indicated by the number of fish you can see in the water

-0 fish = you can harvest 0 fish

-1 fish = you can harvest 1 fish

-2 fish = you can harvest 2 fish

-3 fish = you can harvest 3 fish

-Growth speed depends on amount of flowers nearby.

-Tip: With new DLC from Klei comes new seasonal bees, so don't build in your base if RoG is enabled,because bees are very dangerous!

Otherwise your safe!

-Recipe = 10 boards,2 fish and 4 bees

Have fun! As always comments and suggestions are welcome

What's New in Version 1.3   See changelog

Released

• What's new in version 1.3
  • Eating fish all the time is wearing on Wilson's psyche.
  • So he is now growing other animals in his Fish Farm.
  • Fish is the default product.
  • When the season changes, so does the product.
  • Spring = Eel
  • Summer = Fish
  • Autumn = Frog Legs
  • Winter = Slurtle Slime ,From cleaning the tub.
  • Harvestable amount max =.
  • Frog Legs = 3
  • Fish = 3
  • Eel = 3
  • Slurtle Slime = 1
  • I think Slurtle Slime is great addition.Used to fuel lantern and Miner Hat,also works like Gunpowder.
  • I would like to thank [#!].mouse for help with this update.
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Very nice idea and nice work :-)

To make it more balanced I think I would increase the recipe materials required to the full cost of a bee-box + some extra planks and fish: 10 boards, 1 honeycomb, 4 bees and 2 fish (so they could reproduce :razz:).

This way it's still not too expensive since you get honeycomb when you get the bees and it makes players choose if they rather want honey or fishes.

edit: i just realized that there might be a limit of 3 components for crafting, if so then 10 boards, 4 bees and 2 fish would be fine.

• Like 1

Very nice idea and nice work :-)

To make it more balanced I think I would increase the recipe materials required to the full cost of a bee-box + some extra planks and fish: 10 boards, 1 honeycomb, 4 bees and 2 fish (so they could reproduce :razz:).

This way it's still not too expensive since you get honeycomb when you get the bees and it makes players choose if they rather want honey or fishes.

edit: i just realized that there might be a limit of 3 components for crafting, if so then 10 boards, 4 bees and 2 fish would be fine.

Yeah, I do need to make it 1 more fish.

A bit useless if it doesnt work during the winter, i mean, i have no problem getting food in the summer, adding 1 more option that only works during the summer is redundent.

A bit useless if it doesnt work during the winter, i mean, i have no problem getting food in the summer, adding 1 more option that only works during the summer is redundent.

If you rather run around and spend your summer time collecting food be my guest.This mod lets you focus on other chores.This is the idea anyway.

i thnik it would be very nice if you could also harvest the honey along with the fish. however if you do this then the fish will stop reprodicing for a period of time.

Can You Make It Where The Honey Runs Out In Like 14 Days So You Have To Refill It And You Can Put As Much Honey You Think You Need And If Too Much Honey Put In It Attracts A Bear If You Can Add That Enemy Too I Have A Good Imagination Lol Great Mod :D

okay i maybe completely mad or something!! but I can't find the option for making it!! o.0 so umm where do i find it plz??:)

any issues on mac os x? i've put it on the mods folder (as any other mod) and don't starve says it crashed when I run the game. 

okay i maybe completely mad or something!! but I can't find the option for making it!! o.0 so umm where do i find it plz?? :-)

You should be able to locate it under the food tab

If you guys are using the new DLC and have RoG enabled game use the right version "Fish Farm DLC"

okay i maybe completely mad or something!! but I can't find the option for making it!! o.0 so umm where do i find it plz?? :-)

Food Tab

the api_version was 5...changing it to 4...lets see if it works fine now ^^...btw updated to DLC...

the api_version was 5...changing it to 4...lets see if it works fine now ^^...btw updated to DLC...

The latest api version is 5 DLC or not.Please use the Fish Farm DLC version only if RoG is enabled in your current game.

Hope this helps!

And where i can build it now? after 1.2 update i can't find it in craft menu

P.S. i am playing standalone dont starve withoug RofG, it doesn't compatible?

Will this brake saves that have used older versions? I have 2 saves one ROG and one base game that each use a different version of this mod.

Will this brake saves that have used older versions? I have 2 saves one ROG and one base game that each use a different version of this mod.

No, you will be fine.

afro1967, I can see you are pretty active in mod developing lately... maybe you are the one that could actually help me in this field. Is there a way to contact you by private messaging? You may reach me at miracleDOTflameATgmailDOTcom

If you guys are using the new DLC and have RoG enabled game use the right version "Fish Farm DLC"

I cant find fish farm DLC