• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Damage Indicators 0.5

4 Screenshots

About This File

Such Red. Less Green. Much ouch. So Bääääm. WOW

Damage Indicators are over 9000!!

Damage Indicators

/ˈdæm.ætʒ ˈɪn.dɪ.keɪ.torz/

Such Red. Less Green. Much ouch. So Bääääm. WOW

Damage Indicators are over 9000!!

(Oh yeah.. nearly forgot: get this mod to display cool fancy numbers on top of the heads of monsters you are just smashing)

Configuration-Options:

• Only show damage: No heal.

• Display mode: 'Straight' for OCD-Version.

• Amount of Numbers: Low for number-hell if you freeze.

• Decimal Points

Intention: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/30774-mod-idea-damage-indicator/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220511926

Big thanks to @simplex for inspiring code snippets!

What's New in Version 0.21   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks, but can we get a damage only version?

Ok. So you dont want to see the damage you are healing?

I will publish that in the next version. (will be a configuration issue)

Ok. So you dont want to see the damage you are healing?

I will publish that in the next version. (will be a configuration issue)

What do you mean with configuration issue ?

What do you mean with configuration issue ?

I mean, that i will change the mod so far that there is only one mod out there. And everyone who does not want to see the healing has to change one line in the source code.

• Haha 1

I mean, that i will change the mod so far that there is only one mod out there. And everyone who does not want to see the healing has to change one line in the source code.

I see. The most annoying thing will be steam.

Why? To find the right source folder?

No, because the workshop will overwrite any mod file that has been changed.

Yeah the healing is a pretty bad feature tbh because it does not work properly. Sometimes you see endless "0" floating above you simply because you heal like 0.1 or something like that.

Yeah the healing is a pretty bad feature tbh because it does not work properly. Sometimes you see endless "0" floating above you simply because you heal like 0.1 or something like that.

Thanks for your reply. There is an option to turn healing off, already. Please use this one. There is infact a lower threshold for such small amounts of healing. This might be TOO low. I will have a look. Can you say me, why you healed in this specific moment? Usually there is no way to heal over time, am i right?!

I am not sure why i healed. May it be a mod or i might have been wearing the life giving amulet.

I am not sure why i healed. May it be a mod or i might have been wearing the life giving amulet.

Life giving amulet may be the source. I will try it out..

Can you make the colors for the damage done to your character and the damage dealt to monsters different colors? That way when you are fighting melee you can tell the difference between the damage you are inflicting and the damage you take.

Thanks

Please could somebody explain what exactly do the other tuning options in modmain.lua?

EDIT:

Since nobody answered I'll do that myself and also post the numbers which work best for me. Please note that your current zoom level drastically affects how the indicator looks like. The numbers act like 3D objects so the more you're zoomed out the more you'll see it at different angle.

I PREFER THIS TUNING:

;This is the color in which negative numbers - losing health - should be displayed, rgb stands for red, green, blue

TUNING.HEALTH_LOSE_COLOR = {
    r = 0.7,
    g = 0,
    b = 0
}

;;This is the color in which positive numbers - gaining health - should be displayed, rgb stands for red, green, blue
TUNING.HEALTH_GAIN_COLOR = {
    r = 0,
    g = 0.7,
    b = 0
}

;Size of the numbers - oddly this is the only setting that stays unaffected by zoom level (and the only one we would like to actually be affected)
TUNING.LABEL_FONT_SIZE = 50

;Positioning how high above character the numbers start appearing
TUNING.LABEL_Y_START = 5

;How long in seconds till the number disappears

TUNING.LABEL_TIME = 0.3

;This is like refresh rate of the animation so higher numbers give choppy impression - may be useful to raise on low-end systems

TUNING.LABEL_TIME_DELTA = 0.01

TUNING.GRAVITY = 1.0
TUNING.FRICTION_PRESERVE = 0.9

;Rising acceleration rate of the floating numbers - lowering the number may lead to constant speed

TUNING.LIFT_ACC = 0.03

;Rate how fast will the numbers dance from side to side - zero will result in numbers floating straight up

TUNING.SIDE_WAVE_RND = 0.1

;Starting speed of a number that just appeared - from this speed additional will be gained through acceleration
TUNING.LABEL_Y_START_VELO = 0.0

;These are left and right margin limits of where the numbers start to appear and how wide will be the range of dancing from side to side - setting both to zero will result in numbers always appearing at the same position with no dancing from side to side - not sure why these were not symetrical by default

TUNING.LABEL_MIN_AMPLITUDE_X = 0.2
TUNING.LABEL_MAX_AMPLITUDE_X = 0.2

it automatically crashes at start-up for me. tried changing api versions and that didnt help