• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

2 Screenshots

About This File

Play BINGO in Don't Starve!

Bingo is a game that has 25 tiles in a 5x5 grid. To win, you must complete 5 consecutive tiles horizontally, vertically, or diagonally; in Don't Starve, that means collecting, crafting, or building whatever's in the tile. 

Features:

• randomized BINGO board
  • tracking of tile completion and wins (with a little animation upon winning)
  • client-only mod -- works on any server
  • customizable difficulty 
  • settings to include/exclude items from mods, caves, ruins, etc
  • saves your current board and progress when the world is saved or when you log out
  • ability to see the bingo seed and input custom seeds to get identical boards
  • ability to create a custom list for the board (advanced)
  • controller support
  • special compatibility with Minimap HUD and Combined Status

Controls:

Click the bolt that pops up when hovering over the board to open the menu.
The default toggle key to open/close the board is 'v'.

Don't Starve Together Controls:
Misc Menu 3 to open/close the board for controllers.
Misc Menu 4 to open/close the menu for controllers.

Don't Starve Controls:
'Debug Menu' to open/close the board for controllers.
'B' to open/close the menu for controllers.

This standalone is compatible with every iteration of Don't Starve: Vanilla, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, and Don't Starve Together. 

I'm only posting this here because I'm vaguely aware of this thing called GOG that people apparently use, so this special version is just for them. If you have steam, you're better off downloading it from the steam workshop:
Don't Starve Steam Version
Don't Starve Together Steam Version

More links:
Main Forum Thread
Introduction Video (explains things that I skimmed over)

Credits:
Geniebabe
She helped test the mod to make sure there's no game-breaking bugs that I missed. Thanks, Genie!

Rezecib
I asked a question in the forums about differentiating between modded and default items so that I could add the option of including modded items, and I used Rez's solution. Thanks again Rez!

CarlZalph and DarkXero
I was having difficulty getting DST clients to save their data on any random server, and both of these guys helped me resolve that issue on the forums. Most people play as clients in DST, so it would have sucked if the majority of people couldn't save their boards or progress. Huge thanks to these guys!

The developers of TooManyItems
I studied their TooManyItems mod and used their method of resolving modded item icon paths, their method of positioning item slots, and other bits and bobs. 

The awesome developers over at Klei!
If I'm giving credit, it'd be silly not to thank these fine folks. Without them, this would just be some incredibly lame internet bingo game based on ... numbers! Sure, numbers are pretty cool, but not quite as fun as a frog-rain bonanza! :)

FAQ:
Q: 
What does "Stay at TR" mean in the config options?
A:
Bingo's default board location is top right, but since minimap HUD is such a popular mod, and its default location is exactly the same as mine, I made a check to see if minimap HUD is enabled, and if so then I force Bingo's location to be compatible with minimap's default even if the config is set to top right; I'm betting ~90% of people never go into the mod configs, and when they see that the bingo board is covering their minimap, they'll be upset and disable it. "Stay at TR" is for people who actually pay attention to configs, and it overrides my forced compatibility (you can go into minimap's config and change its location).

Q:
How do I select things in the settings menu with a controller?
A:
When you open the menu, I restore mouse functionality back to you, so you can make your selections with the mouse, then when you're satisfied, close the menu and controller functionality is toggled back on. If you're unsure about what an item is, you can hover over it with the mouse at this point to see. You can open and close the bingo board  at your leisure with the controller, but when you want to reset the board you just have to use the mouse. That's not too bad, right?

Q:
I entered in the same seed as my friend, but we got different boards.
A:
You must also have the same difficulty selected and checkboxes checked in order to get the same board. Don't forget to check the custom seed checkbox in the lower left either.

Q:
Custom seed doesn't work at all.
A:
Don't forget to click the custom seed checkbox on.

Q:
It doesn't work. I got an error message. 
A:
I'm gonna need more info than that in order to do anything. Post your log, error message, and relevant details in the bug reports thread below.

Known DST bugs:
Currently in DST you will get different overworld and cave boards. Make sure to log/save before heading in/out of caves or your progress or board won't be saved. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully I can fix this soon.

Known DS bugs:
The board will not update if a new inventory item goes to your backpack. This is caused by a bug in the base game. Klei knows about it, and will hopefully update DS soon.

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

- Hardmode checkbox options for ruins and caves in DST were inverted making it so you'd get ruins/caves items if the checkbox was toggled off and vice versa. Fixed in v. 1.0.1

• Like 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments