• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

[MOD REW-WORK DOUBLE SCYTHES] Scythes 1.0 1.0

4 Screenshots

About This File

Everything can be found in the zip :)

Completely redid art!

Added 2 NEW WEAPONS!

ADDED A NEW MECHANIC, BLEED!

Red scythe burns

Blue scythe freezes

trident has a lot of great features :3

Just some of the bigger changes, everything can be found in the changelog.txt file in the zip.

Again thanks to blazingice26 for all his help and some of the ideas for the mod and Mr. Tiddles, I think that's it he helped me with the bleed mechanic.

Thank you for your support! Everyone

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

• 1.0 - First release of the mod!
  • 1.1 - Added the gold counterpart to the mod!!
  • - Changed the recipe for the items as well
  • 1.2 - Added the red scythe

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Why is it double? I think it would be cooler if it was a scyte with one big black blade :-)

I'm not sure why I decided that lol I made a game back in the day, and I used this weapon and it was the first one that came to mind, if people want it just one blade then I can fix it :3

Hey mate, you may have forgotten your sanity gain :razz:

Adding

inst:AddComponent("dapperness")inst.components.sanity.dapperness = TUNING.DAPPERNESS_SMALL

To your dbscythe.lua should work

Why is it double? I think it would be cooler if it was a scyte with one big black blade :-)

Maybe because it needs 2 tusks.

• Like 1

Was happy to help with the bleed! Didn't actually think it would work as well until I tested it, so I learnt something new myself.

• Like 1

Say pal, I noticed you're still using the white splash effect for the bleed mechanic. If you want, I could make a special prefab that's just a red version of that particle? I'm at the stage where I need inspiration for new mod ideas so it would definitely help keep me occupied.

• Like 1

Hell yea bud go for it! Idk if you can but if you wanted to make a new prefab that could be like blood drips or something that would be amazing!!! 

Hell yea bud go for it! Idk if you can but if you wanted to make a new prefab that could be like blood drips or something that would be amazing!!! 

Yeah, I'm making a new prefab. Aslo, I noticed you changed the bleed to only occur twice, but deal as much damage as a spear. Personally I think it'd make more sense to last longer and deal less damage over time.

Yeah, I'm making a new prefab. Aslo, I noticed you changed the bleed to only occur twice, but deal as much damage as a spear. Personally I think it'd make more sense to last longer and deal less damage over time.

Yea I have been trying to balance it and I will find something eventually I will let you know if I change it or whatever, thanks for the feedback :3

• Like 1

Yea I have been trying to balance it and I will find something eventually I will let you know if I change it or whatever, thanks for the feedback :3

I uploaded the blood effect and a version with stats I thought were a bit more balanced on the "Mod Idea: bleed mechanic" topic.

• Like 1

Now if only the description actually told me what the mod does. Are they tools? Are they weapons? Are they in any way different from the items that are already in the game? It would be nice to know things like that.

Now if only the description actually told me what the mod does. Are they tools? Are they weapons? Are they in any way different from the items that are already in the game? It would be nice to know things like that.

I mean wlamrr x.x They are scythes come on dude, i know you aren't that stupid bro >.> but they are weapons, and there isn't anything like them in the game right now.... lol this mod hasn't been made except by me and they add a new mechanic.  If you own it on steam its on the steam workshop