• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

4 Screenshots

About This File

This is my first mod so be kind.

Lets you catch Pengulls, Slurtles and Snurtles with the basic traps!

Tested and working on all the above. Keep in mind Pengulls only have a 10% loot drop chance, even with this mod. These mobs can be set back down, they must be murdered in the inventory to receive their drop. (Just like rabbits)

May make changes to the mod later for added features.

The above are now stackable to 10! I fixed a glitch/error where you could just run and pick them up. ;)

Thanks to these amazing modders for helping me out!

Malacath

seronis

debugman18

simplex

What's New in Version 2   See changelog

Released

• Fixed glitch and now stackable.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is a pretty good idea, and I like the way you didn't include any mobs that would greatly over-power the use of traps. For your very first mod you did a great job.

If you think you can, see if you can code in a chance to get extra loot(for example, you get two spider glands instead of one when you pick up a trap sometimes)

Thanks for the compliments.  ^^

@goldfish911  I'll see what I can do.   ;)   Most likely though that would be a separate mod, as it affects the creatures themselves and not the trap function.

Edit:  Working on a few things for this mod.  Namely making trapped creatures, via normal trap only, stackable to 10 as inventory items, this includes frogs and spiders.   After which I will work on the loot feature.  (You see slurtles/snurtles have a 100 % drop rate * 2 of slime.  Which means they always drop two slime, with a chance of their other drops.  I will probably use something similar to this.  ;) )

Yay!   I fixed a neat glitch where you could just run over and pick them up.  ;)    And they are now stackable to 10.  :D  

(On that note, oddly enough Slurtles and Snurtles in the inventory will still produce slime.  :D )

That slime producing thing seems to have been a bug, in the latest hotfix this should no longer happen, as entities are no longer read as active by the game when in your inventory(so no more buzzing bees in chests)