• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

2 Screenshots

About This File

INFO:

»»» 3 new Light types under Light Tab menu.

»»» Research is no longer need and now all 3 Lights set into "Light-Tab".

» New Features (1.33):

- heater:eggs can hatch near to the lights.

campflowers.png

CampLight Flowers:

Research Level
:

Research
:

Cost
: Rocks
x | Nitre
x | Torch
x

campevilflowers.png

CampLight Evilflowers:

Research Level
:

Research
:

Cost
x | Houndstooth
x | Torch
x

campbulbs.png

CampLight Bulbs:

Research Level
:

Research
:

Cost
x | Lightbulb
x

Version: 1.34 - WIN32_STEAM

Bugs: PLEASE REPORTING HERE! (a copy from log.txt)

Compatible: "REIGN OF GIANTS UPDATE"

Thanks to everyone for using my stuff!

thanks & enjoy!

regards

DontStarver

InstallNotes v.1.34:

» Unzip: "CampLight 1.34 -giants-.zip" in your "Dont Starve Mods folder":

» "steamapps/common/dont_starve/mods/"

» Run: Don't Starve & Enable "CampLight 1.34 -giants-" under "Mods" menu.

ABOUT "STEAM WORKSHOP" AND "DON'T STARVE TOGETHER":

NO ONE HAS THE PERMISSION TO SHARING/UPLOAD ANY PARTS OF MY MODS. THEY ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE ON KLEI ENTERTAINMENT FORUMS.

ANY VIOLATION WILL BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY!

What's New in Version 1.34

Released

• "05.19.2014" » update - 1.34 - "REIGN OF GIANTS UPDATE"
  • "05.19.2014" » fixed - 1.34 - custom character problem
  • "02.01.2014" » update - new stuff
  • "02.01.2014" » release - 1.33 - "ALL'S WELL THAT MAXWELL UPDATE"
  • "11.07.2013" » update - "ALL'S WELL THAT MAXWELL UPDATE"
  • "10.13.2013" » update - "SIX FEET UNDER UPDATE"
  • "09.15.2013" » fixed - "issue with modicon"
  • "09.13.2013" » update - "A MODERATELY FRIENDLY UPDATE"
  • "08.22.2013" » update - "THE STUFF OF NIGHTMARES"
  • "08.19.2013" » update - "HUNGRY FOR YOUR HUNGER"
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

i wonder if you are the one who make the wikia for dont starve

:) not really... but i created a wikia like my name. but there is no content.

regards

• Like 1

I noticed a similar problem to what others have reported: for some of the custom character mods, none of the camplights show up in the crafting tabs, though with others the camplights did show up. I looked at the lua files for the different characters and nothing stood out as unusual (there wasn't really anything in the ones that lacked camplights that wasn't in the ones that had camplights). After playing around some more and wondering if it was due to mod conflicts, I discovered that if I disabled a lot of the mods I have installed the camplights would show up for a character that didn't have it... and enabling certain mods would make the camplights disappear from the Light tab again. After much head scratching, I noticed that for one of the mods that made the camplights disappear from the Light tab, enabling it changed the load/initialization order of the mods to where the custom character was initialized *after* CampLight. When the character mod was initialized before CampLight, then the camplights showed up in the Light tab.

With that in mind, I found the difference in how CampLight initializes versus other mods that add items such as Madman's Fighting Pack or Wall Gates, and making the change below fixed the problem with the camplights not always showing up in the Light tab of custom characters. At the end of CampLight's modmain.lua I replaced:

for k,character in ipairs(CHARACTERLIST) do        AddPrefabPostInit(character, camplight)endfor k,character in ipairs(GLOBAL.MODCHARACTERLIST) do        AddPrefabPostInit(character, camplight)end

with:

AddGamePostInit(camplight)

and the camplights show up in the Light tab for the custom characters regardless of what order the mods are loaded (I believe the root problem related to initialization order is that if a custom character mod is loaded after CampLight, the character won't be in GLOBAL.MODCHARACTERLIST when CampLight's modmain.lua is run). Calling AddGamePostInit(...) instead of calling AddPrefabPostInit(...) for all currently loaded characters is what the other item mods I looked at did.

• Like 1

I noticed a similar problem to what others have reported: for some of the custom character mods, none of the camplights show up in the crafting tabs, though with others the camplights did show up. I looked at the lua files for the different characters and nothing stood out as unusual (there wasn't really anything in the ones that lacked camplights that wasn't in the ones that had camplights). After playing around some more and wondering if it was due to mod conflicts, I discovered that if I disabled a lot of the mods I have installed the camplights would show up for a character that didn't have it... and enabling certain mods would make the camplights disappear from the Light tab again. After much head scratching, I noticed that for one of the mods that made the camplights disappear from the Light tab, enabling it changed the load/initialization order of the mods to where the custom character was initialized *after* CampLight. When the character mod was initialized before CampLight, then the camplights showed up in the Light tab.

With that in mind, I found the difference in how CampLight initializes versus other mods that add items such as Madman's Fighting Pack or Wall Gates, and making the change below fixed the problem with the camplights not always showing up in the Light tab of custom characters. At the end of CampLight's modmain.lua I replaced:

for k,character in ipairs(CHARACTERLIST) do        AddPrefabPostInit(character, camplight)endfor k,character in ipairs(GLOBAL.MODCHARACTERLIST) do        AddPrefabPostInit(character, camplight)end

with:

AddGamePostInit(camplight)

and the camplights show up in the Light tab for the custom characters regardless of what order the mods are loaded (I believe the root problem related to initialization order is that if a custom character mod is loaded after CampLight, the character won't be in GLOBAL.MODCHARACTERLIST when CampLight's modmain.lua is run). Calling AddGamePostInit(...) instead of calling AddPrefabPostInit(...) for all currently loaded characters is what the other item mods I looked at did.

thanks! i will look.

regards

Can you include more information about this mod? Do you need to fuel it? If so, are they fueled by what they are named?

Thanks

hi @IDontWantToSignUp

you don't need to fuel, it's absolutely automatic lights (infinity fire)

regards

Is there a way to make it burning forever? not just when you re around

hm not really what i want... but i can increase the value.

regards