• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Custom Farming 1.2.0

2 Screenshots

About This File

Grow vegetables and fruits without a farm! How to do it?

0ba08132bba90915e816b2b82177adcb.png

1. Create a hoe;
  2. Till the ground;
  3. Fertilize the soil;
  4. Plant a seed!

It is possible to grow vanilla plants too!

Cook new vegetables in a crockpot. New recipes:
b58208c4ddf9d63585f6858f228ea1e0.png

• Bread (4 wheat);
  • Fruit muffin (fruit, egg, wheat, honey)
  • Tomato soup (2 tomato, veggies, no meat);
  • Onion soup (2 onion, veggies, no meat);
  • Meat soup (2 garlic, 1 additional veggie, 1 meat);
  • Fish soup (2 potato, 2 fish);
  • Pumpkin soup (pumpkin, 1 honey, wheat, no meat)
  • Fruit pie (2 wheat, fruits, no meat)
  • Vegetable pie (2 wheat, veggies, no meat)
  • Meat pie (2 wheat, meat)
  • Fish pie (2 wheat, fish)
  • Sweet turnip (2 turnip, 2 honey, no meat)

How to get new seeds?
1f31e2cb8baffc5cfe0f40b9a294699f.png
It's pretty simple — new vegetables can be grown from usual seeds. Also you can get specific seeds using a birdcage.

Don't like the new farming system? Disable the hoe recipe and grow new vegs on usual farms.

Steam links: TogetherSingle

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

Added the single player version

• Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thankx for this great mod! :D (i was waiting for a "crops mod" with wheat & a bread recipe, and more funny veggies... but less complicated than "waiter 101"! My wish has been granted! :p)

Love the integration with the "standard farms"; (and a more daring farming freestyle!)

Can you make your mod compatible with the popular "Craft Pot" in the next version? :confused: (your recipes appears blank with no info in that)

I am a shipwrecked DLC player only; And i have modified your coding with "normal farms" (your new farming method doesn't seems to produce all the SW veggies [like watermelon, carrot, sweet-potatoe; durian/dragon fruit?], and the grounds are not the same as the other versions too) with a little twist:

- 25% chance for crops to yield wheat (for extensive wheat-recipes use! ;)) [could be configurable in the option of the mod]

- 75% chance for a carrot/corn/eggplant/watermelon/sweet_potatoe  to yield the new veggies/fruits. (80% of the total variety for crops)

That way, i can easily tune the "wheat presence" in crops... and the "boring" veggies/fruits (like carrot/sweet-potatoes that don't have specific recipe in the CP for them) are not totally replaced (for variety/fun) but have a big chance to "transform" into something better! :shock: hihihi!

Maybe my ideas will be of use to you! (Ô mighty creator of Mod! your coding is very clean btw! :))

On 19.07.2018 at 4:47 PM, Unlimiteddddd said:

Can you make your mod compatible with the popular "Craft Pot" in the next version?

Yeah, but I need to examine it first (never used it before)

your new farming method doesn't seems to produce all the SW veggies

It has high chance to replace carrot or corn with a new vegetable for a usual farm. It doesn't affect other seed-products (well, I've broken vanilla chances in the last update, not critically, but late noticed)

"wheat presence"

New farming is a weighted system now, so you can change a chance for any crop you want (not as an option, from the code only)

Thanks for your feedback.

By "new farming" i wanted to say "the new farming system without usual farm plots". :)

New farming is a weighted system now, so you can change a chance for any crop you want (not as an option, from the code only)

Ha yes, i see it! (simple & useful!). :D

I have also tested all veggies in SW and it is working (with the new farming system) with the new version 1.1.0.  (i don't know for the actual chances for orange carrot and vanilla seeds; haven't got any in 30 crops, but carrot-seeds have worked; got 1 watermelon though)

But i saw 2 bugs: for "durian seeds" (it can't be planted with the new system) and "dragon fruit seeds" (it can be planted in a fertilized dirt -pile, but doing so erase the dirt-pile entirely :o). i guess you will have to try the others one by one.... :shock:

Bye!

Edited by Unlimiteddddd

So i tested the "randomisation" for the crops (adjusting "weight" for each crops in the code). It seems that it only works for the new farming system (with the Hoe): The weighted randomisation is good there (i tried a 50% wheat chance, and had 11/20 wheat-crops total without problem :p).

I have tested with a 2/3 wheat ration (weight / total weight) to be sure with many farms & yields, but when using normal farms (with Hoe enable or not) the randomisation doesn't work. iI seems that each crops chance is the same equal % (there was 1 or 2 wheats on 20 crops). I think there is a bug there. :shock: 

I see that wheat can be stocked in "fridge" & "freezer" now ("additonnal structures" mod). Very nice! (and has a rot limit date too. I was fan of the "no limit date" for wheat grain, but oh well... i will make it 100 days maybe lol)

Thanks for all!

signed: The foreign code tester. lol

Edited by Unlimiteddddd

39 minutes ago, Unlimiteddddd said:

I think there is a bug here. :shock: 

No, basic farms and crops have different chances. When you change a weight for a crop, It does not impacts farms.

Hooo i see. This was intentional. :shock: I had the wrong idea about that! :p (i miss-read the code, the farms coding was below that!)

Ho, there is 3 new recipes too! :D héhéhé

Edited by Unlimiteddddd

Sorry to bother again, but i have a hard time finding the value for "longevity" for wheat (the number of days before rotting happens). Where can i modify that on you code? (it could be a bug because i see "nonperish=true" for the wheat in v1.1.1 in ca_vegs.lua)

On my SW game, wheat (not-cooked) has a longevity of 20 days it seems (that i can't see with the mod "DisplayFoodValues v2.0"; very strange!) and a green color (like other food items) now (and that is why i can put it in the fridge/freezer now. before it was like an item, with a brown color and no longevity).

The mystery is real! :shock:

Edited by Unlimiteddddd

11 hours ago, Unlimiteddddd said:

(it could be a bug because i see "nonperish=true" for the wheat in v1.1.1 in ca_vegs.lua

It's not a bug, I'm just too lazy to rename variables. Check ca_veggies.lua line 289

hahahha!  :shock: The lazy lezard is hard to break! :p

(i saw the exception for "veg.nonperish" in line 276 in that file, and multiplied the value x5! It works great!)

Thankx! :p (Great mod overall! Love it!)

Edited by Unlimiteddddd

Brilliant job !! No one can thank you enough for all of the time and effort you devoted to make this amazing mod !! Well done lad :wilson_love: