• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Ozzy the Buzzy [DST] 1.2.0

8 Screenshots

About This File

OZZY THE BUZZY

-------------------------

Link on steam : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1374558578

Stats :

- Health : 175

- Sanity : 100

- Hunger : 120

Perks :

- Is a bee : Yep, he is considered a bee. Spring bees will ignore him, but killer bee hives are still triggered when he comes nearby.

- Has his own beehive : Ozzy starts the game with a unique beehive. This beehive will try to protect players ( unless they try to attack it or its bees ), spawn stronger bees with poison sting, and can be upgraded with honeycombs by Ozzy.

- Can produce honey by eating petals : After eating certain number of petals, he will drop 1 honey.

Discussion :

Ozzy has low hunger and sanity, with higher hunger rate, to balance with the bees army. His beehive will try to protect players ( except Webber, he is a monster and deserves  no protection ), spawn stronger bees with some abilities. The bees are kinda useful to defense the base against small and medium monsters, but still very weak against Bosses, so you should not depend on them too much. Also, like any other structures, the beehive will be taken down in 1 hit by The Bearger or Clockwork Rook. The bees are also programmed to not be controlled by The Bee Queen, cuz they are mutant bees anyway.

Future works : 

This is my first mod, and I was inspired by the idea of "befriend with mobs and act like one of them" from Webber. There are many things I want to improve in later versions :

- Add more bee-like behaviors to Ozzy, for example prefer honeyed foods, have pollinator ability, become angry like killer bee, weaker in winter, stronger and aggressive in spring, hate darkness and rain, gain bonus with petals or flower hat, etc

- Add more ability to bees, for example variant attack effects based on season. Currently poison is the only attack effect. I can also change the AI, make them do more strategy. 

- Work more on the art. For now I'm to lazy that I borrow Wilson's arms, hands, legs and foots for Ozzy :D Also, if the bees and beehive have their own animation, that will be good. Currently I only make them bigger than normal and change the color a bit :( 

- Add unique speech lines, currently using Wilson's speech. 

- Add his own sound, such as bee buzzing, currently using Webber's sound.

- Maybe a bee weapon for him. For example a blade/spear as of pokemon Beedrill. 

1st-pic-beedril-from-pokemon.png.3840fa0bb5dfc544a9f0c420c448c25e.png 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I made this mod based on The Extended Character Sample :

Please feel free to feedback and suggest :D Anything you can think of a bee-like character. 

Thank you !

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What's New in Version 1.1.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

É possível habilitar o mod para jogadores solo? Seria muito bom!

Edited by Miarffe