• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Pickle's First Person Mod 1.2

5 Screenshots

About This File

See the world in true First-Person! Move the camera with the mouse and navigate inventory with the scroll wheel.
-Switch back to normal camera view at any time from the pause menu, or with Ctrl-Q!

Play Don't Starve the way it was never really meant to be played!
Take a look at the mod trailer!

----------CONTROLS--------
While in first person, your cursor is replaced with a white selection reticle in front of you.
-Hold [Q] to temporarily unlock the mouse and move it normally, for crafting and inventory management.

-Use the scroll wheel to scroll though inventory slots, and the (E) and (R) keys to use/select inventory items.
-[E] will "use" whatever item is in the highlighted inventory slot (eat-food, equip-tools, examine-anything else)
-[R] will "select" the item in the highlighted inventory slot, holding it.
---with an item selected, you can then- click on a campfire to cook it, 
---click on the ground to drop it, 
---click on a chest to store it, ect.
---press R again to place that selected item back into the highlighted inventory slot.

-With ranged weapons equipped, your white circle will switch to a red one, and the range increases the more you tilt your view upwards.
-When taking damage, red directional indicators show which direction the damage came from.

A new button "switch camera" button is added to the pause menu, which will switch your view between first-person and regular top-down view. 
Ctrl-Q will also switch between normal and first-person view.

MOUSE SENSITIVITY (and other things) CAN BE CHANGED IN THE "CONFIGURE MOD" MENU

hJeqOAy.png

(And many other options available from the actual menu, including FOV and camera height)
-Compatible with Don't Starve, Reign of Giants, and Shipwrecked
-"somewhat" compatible with controllers... I'm working on it

(Quick-Guide): HOW TO COOK FOOD IN FIRST PERSON:
-use the mouse wheel to scroll to the food in your inventory
-press [R] to select it
-click on a campfire to cook it (keep clicking if you want to cook multiple things)
-press [R] again to place it back in your inventory

--MOD RUNNING SLOW?--
For older laptops that might struggle with this mod enabled, try raising the "shading refresh rate" setting in the mod config settings menu. If it's still too slow, disabling "simulate darkness" will speed everything up, but make night look... weird, to say the least.

--- UPDATE 1.1 - SKY UPDATE! ---

*Added clouds (can be turned on/off in mod settings)
*Added a sun and moon that appear during night/day
*Sky and clouds darken when rain is about to fall
*Moon gets noticeably moonier on full moons

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

Woops! I should really check my messages on the Klei forums more often. 

I should probably pay more attention to which version I upload, that previous one was the DST version when it was supposed to be the DS version. Lets try that again.

CHANGES:

-Removed the old version and re-added the two files as separate versions, designated for DS and DST

-Added more options in the config menu for sky saturation and right-handed tool models

• Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

this mod was crashed at start, is something wrong with my donstarve version or my computer?

Hi pickle! I love your mods but... There is no switch button and ctrl+q doesn't work, I changed the action button to e and tried ctrl+e doesn't work too. Please help Thank you

• Sad 1

I Got This Mod And It Automaticly Disables Is something wrong with my version --> alls well that maxwell <-- Is that invalid? The trailer looked like Dont starve together is it allowed or configed to possibly work for Dont Starve Alls Well That Maxwell edition ( I have all Dlcs)

Edited by DaRkMiSt Sonic
  • Thanks 1

dear pickle

I updated my dont starve version, and whenever i apply this mod, it always turn off immedietly. I watched it on youtube, and it's really cool mods.

please, i really want to play with this mod.

On May 13, 2018 at 10:20 AM, ZeroAlpha said:

dear pickle

I updated my dont starve version, and whenever i apply this mod, it always turn off immedietly. I watched it on youtube, and it's really cool mods.

please, i really want to play with this mod.

Sorry about that, I messed up part of the upload. I just updated it, so hopefully it should work now. Give it a try and tell me if this update fixed it

Pickle

Thanks for your update

now I can play this mod

It's a bit lag however, but still cool

Thank you, Pickle

I know this is stupid but thx for updated this mod can't wait to go home try it out

Edited by deaththeking

i cant download, its crashes i try again and again and again i try so many times and its not downloading

The idea of this is fun, But I install the mod and when I go to create or load a game, It crashed the game back to desktop. I am using the DS version that you have posted.