• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Finder Mod, working also for clients (DST) 1.13

4 Screenshots

About This File

Steam version:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786654500

Finder Mod.

Idea and 50% of the code from "modding".

The mod does highlight the containers that contains the item that you hold or if you hover over crafting recipe ingredients.
I also added support for the Craft Pot mod by ivanx.
So hovering over recipe ingredients will highlight e.g all veggies or fruits and so on ;)

The other version from modding does only work for host and without caves at the moment.
That's why I made this version, which workds for everyone.
The downside is, that all clients need to download this mod, to be able to join a server with this mod enabled.
modding is still working to make the mod work on client side only, but it is not clear if he is able to.

What's New in Version 1.13   See changelog

Released

Fixed the bug, that containers were highlighted for wrong players.

• Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, i'm just curious about what the mod is shown in the picture. The one that shows the stats of the food and the ingredients needed. Thanks in advance! :) 

Is it possible to use this without it being uploaded to steam?  I would like to take advantage of the working version while we wait on modding.

@cezaricaIt is an "all_clients_require" version (which means all clients and server will need it).
And it is working for clients. The version from modding "clients_only" does not work for clients or with caves enabled, yet.

@Serpens I am running a dedicated server, is this mod able to be used with it?  If so, how do I add the mod outside of steam workshop?

@DoISeeColorYes it also works on dedicated server ;) But since it is a "all_clients_require" mod, all clients have to download it. And since it is not at steam, they have to download it manually, before being able to join (if it would be on steam, it would be downloaded automatically)

You download it, unpack the zip file with eg. "7zip" and put the folder into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods
or in the mods folder of your dedicated server. In case you are using the easys setup from Klei, it should be the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods

@Poolli08:
Thank you :) The idea and half of the code is from the user "modding". I only made it work for everyone, with downside that all clients require it. Maybe modding will be able to improve it further :)

Edited by Serpens
  • Like 1

@Serpens Thanks, I figured that was how to do it but it didn't work when I tried.  This time I noticed that the mod shows up under the "Server Mods" tab and the configuration states that it is enabled.  However, when I go into the game and hover over an item in the craft tab or food in a crockpot that I do not have the resources for, I see no highlighting.   My dedicated server runs locally and I am on the server alone at the moment.  

I'm not sure what the problem is, any ideas?

@DoISeeColorhm.. I just tested it with my easy setup dedicated server and it worked.
Are you sure you forceanebled the mod in modsettings of your server?
Put
ForceEnableMod("workshop-786654500")
in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods\modsettings.lua

(it has a workshop name, cause it is actually at steam, but only visible for friends, until modding gives me the permission to upload it)

Edited by Serpens
  • Like 1

My Dedicated server common folder lives in steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\

I don't think I did the "easy setup."  I followed a guide to get everything setup because I was attempting to migrate a client-hosted server to a dedicated one to allow more friends to join and attempt to add caves to a cave-less world (it didn't work! haha).  I have had trouble getting server mods to work in the past.

Edited by DoISeeColor

Yea, that didn't help me.  Every time I boot up my server, my modsettings.lua file gets overwritten and no server mods get loaded, so I don't know what to do exactly.

Edited by DoISeeColor

yes I meant this "Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server " with easy setup ;) A not easy setup would then be your very own server, which is not related to Klei ;)

hm.. can't imagine a reason why it is overwritten... sry can't help you with that =/

Edited by Serpens
  • Like 1

So, I was able to pause the server start after it had already overwritten my modsettings.lua and it downloaded the mod to load.  This is the output I got, but again, when getting in game, still no luck with it working.  Guess I'm doomed to play without server-sided mods! :D

[00:00:01]: DownloadMods(1)
[00:00:01]: Download server mod 786654500
[00:00:02]: FMOD Error: An invalid object handle was used.
[00:00:02]: LOADING LUA SUCCESS
[00:00:02]: PlayerDeaths could not load morgue
[00:00:02]: PlayerHistory could not load player_history
[00:00:02]: bloom_enabled       false
[00:00:02]: loaded saveindex
[00:00:02]: OnFilesLoaded()
[00:00:02]: OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete
[00:00:09]:     Load FE
[00:00:50]:     Load FE: done
[00:00:50]: ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.
[00:00:50]: Reset() returning
[00:00:50]: [200] Account Communication Success (6)
[00:00:50]: Received (someToken) from TokenPurpose
[00:00:50]: Starting Dedicated Server Game

Also, thanks for the clarification about the easy setup server, I supposed that is what I'm using!

Edited by DoISeeColor

hmm.. I would suggest you to make a thread in modding section of DST.
There are some users that do host their own dedicated server, maybe they can help you.

I only use dedicated server to test mods. All I do is putting the mod folder into Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods and add ForceEnable to the modsettings.lua. That always worked here.

• Like 1

Someone identified the problem pretty quickly.  Turns out it was the additional "validate" option that was in my server startup batch file. That fix has me running with other server mods now, but I'm not able to use this one because I don't have permission to download it when connecting to the server.  I do have the FinderMod folder added to my mods folder for the client as well, and it's visible in-game as enabled in Mods / Server Mods.

Should there be a way for me to use the local copy without it trying to download?

This seems to work fine on my dedicated server but my DST client always deletes the workshop-786654500 folder in xyz\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\mods even tho I have 

ForceEnableMod("workshop-786654500")

in modsettings.lua. What am I missing?

if you use "forceenable" in your modsettings.lua (from your dedicated server) and put a copy of the mod in the mods folder of your ded. server, then it uses this copy and does not try to download it.

- It work perfect for server side mod but have a bug with multiplay. Like when I play with my friend. If my friend hold an item and it highlight, i can see it too. And it never turn off for me. ._.

On 16.11.2016 at 0:55 PM, nhokpio said:

- It work perfect for server side mod but have a bug with multiplay. Like when I play with my friend. If my friend hold an item and it highlight, i can see it too. And it never turn off for me. ._.

thx for report. Did you used the actual version 1.1.1 ?
I thought I fixed this bug in 1.1.1 =/

Edited by Serpens