• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

MiniMap: Adds loads of things to the minimap 2.0

2 Screenshots

About This File

Adds a variety of icons to the minimap, with possibly more to come.

Updated to v2.0 [Mod]. Original pighouse icon is included in the custom version as an alternate atlas.

Still using the experimental minimap_atlas replacement, which adds new custom icons. USE WITH CAUTION AS THIS REPLACES VANILLA FILES!

There are two versions of this mod; one which uses vanilla icons, and one which adds custom icons to minimap_atlas.png.

Using the standard Version

To use the Standard Version, place MiniMap in [...]Steamsteamappscommondont_starvemodsMiniMap, then enable via the in-game mods menu.

Using the Atlas Replacement

To use the custom version, backup [...]Steamsteamappscommondont_starvedataminimap, and replace it with Atlas Replacement USE WITH CAUTIONdataminimap. Place Atlas Replacement USE WITH CAUTIONmodsMiniMap in [...]Steamsteamappscommondont_starvemodsMiniMap, then enable via the in-game mods menu.

Commenting Out Lines

Be sure to comment out any of the icons you don't want to use by adding a -- to the beginning of the "AddPrefabPostInit" like so:

AddPrefabPostInit( "pighouse", pighousePrefabPostInit )

--AddPrefabPostInit( "beebox", beeboxPrefabPostInit ) <==commented out line

Simply remove the -- to enable the icon.

Rabbit holes, in/sanity rock, pigtorch, and teleportato items are disabled by default.

List of what represents what (subject to change):

Vanilla MiniMap Icons

Custom MiniMap Icons

Changelog:

v2.0 Fully separated Standard and Custom versions.

v1.3 Mod Update.

Changed (in)sanity rock icon to (unused) vanilla.

Added boomerang, heatrock, skeleton, pighead, mermhead (Custom Map Only!).

v1.2 Hunger Update (with vamkain's help).

v1.1 Powers Update

Fixed batcave icon (was cavespider_den.png, is now correctly batcave.png)

Added expermental minimap_atlas replacement with new, custom icons. USE WITH CAUTION AS IT REPLACES VANILLA FILES!

v1.0 Rock Update.

Removed krampus_sack as it was added; walls until a better icon can be found.

Added batcave/batcave.png and marsh_bush/thorns_marsh.png.

Changed all mushrooms, spiderqueen, mound to better icons.

v0.9 Live Update.

Removed Marsh_tree as it was added in the Live update.

Changed beefaloherd, koalefant_summer, koalefant_winter, spiderqueen, insanityrock, mound to non-character icons.

v0.8 End Update.

Removed Houndmound as it was added in the End update.

Added Marsh_tree.

v0.7 Removed mermhouse, cookpot, farmplot, farmplot2, farmplot3, beebox, birdcage, nightlight, marblepillar.

Added krampus_sack with krampus_sack.png icon.

Changed rabbithole icon to shop.png.

Rabbit holes, mushrooms, walls, in/sanity rock, and teleportato items disabled by default.

v0.6 Condensed local functions as there are only a limited number of icons, and it doesn't make any sense to have a seperate function for things that share the same icons.

v0.5 Added chester_eyebone, sanityrock, carrot_planted, pigtorch.

Changed code to make it more readable.

Changed icons again; refer to minimap icons.txt for full list.

v0.4 Removed pighouse, as it is now included in vanilla.

Added red_mushroom, green_mushroom, blue_mushroom, insanityrock (obelisk), houndmound, marblepillar, mermhouse.

Changed icons around (such as food/plants now have the wheat icon).

v0.3 Added Heavenfall's teleportato code; edited for easier ability to disable if desired.

Added beebox, birdcage, nightlight, rabbithole, mandrake, beefaloherd, cookpot, spiderqueen, koalefant_summer, koalefant_winter, wall_stone, wall_wood, wall_hay, farmplot, farmplot2, farmplot3, teleportato_ring, teleportato_box, teleportato_crank, teleportato_potato

Changed mound icon to Wilton.png

v0.2 Thanks to WrathOf for the better adding icons to the minimap thingy code.

Added grave mounds with temp icon until I can get the texture converter to work.

v0.1 Figured out how to add the pighouse to the minimap and get it to run in the mod system

What's New in Version 09/11/13 06:57 AM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

still loving the new map but as usual i'm asking for things(lots of things)

a. could you add the pig/merm heads on a stick 

b. could you make the walls appear behind things like trees do as at the moment they cover eveything up

c. could you replace the pig houses with your old ones cos they were so much better

d. could you make the boon skeletons show up as well 

e. this is a big one so feel free to take your time or just ignore could you make all the tools/weapons/amulets/clothes show up

i had f,g and h but i can't  remember them at the moment but don't worry i'll post them when i remember them :wickerbottomthanks:

i've seen your minimap_data.xml, john2022

why u add tallbird, tentacle, hound elements etc which is same with rabbithole, wall, srock elements position?

Updated to [mod], but I wasn't able to add everything since custom icons are still not enabled. :C (it may be possible to have a 1024x1024 minimap_atlas.png, but sorting out the xml for that was just not working.)

I do, however,  have the start of a custom map atlas, so that's something to look forward to. :U

Thank you @nailertn and @John2022 for keeping this up to date while I was away. UuU

@cattafett

a. Added, but I need more room in minimap_atlas.png to make custom icons (which is why the mushrooms and walls share icons).

b. I think the way things are rendered on the minimap, is that whatever is added last shows up on top. I'll try messing with the code to see if I can get the walls redered lower though. :U

c. Not without replacing the vanilla icon, which I am trying to avoid. (though I'll upload a custom minimap_atlas.png with the old house).

d. Added (but again sharing an icon).

e. I added a couple of things (heat stone/boomerrang). When more room is available, I am planning on doing a generic hat/shirt/weapon type outlined in red.

Sorry for not updating sooner; I've had some things come up for a bit there. UnU I'll also not be adding this to the steam workshop until custom icons are supported on the minimap, to avoid overwriting vanilla files.

Hey, it's fine. :3 I made this because it's useful (and to see if I could :U).

I'll have to upload the alt atlas tomorrow, as it's too late to thing right now. -_-

Edit: Uggg also gonna rework the OP to work with the new forum coding.

Edit2: Updated the OP,  separated out the versions, and added the old pighouse as an alternate atlas in the custom version.

Seems to work for the most part.  I don't have rabbit holes appearing which is a huge disappointment. Also, I locations on the map that are marked by a red "X."  Are the lack of rabbit holes and the red "X's" normal given the latest update to don't starve?