• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Talkative Object 0.2

3 Screenshots

About This File

This mod allows you to know all the essential information about objects all around you.
For example : number of cycle left to fertilise again a grass, time before the torch run out or when a pigman will stop to following you and many other things.

Works with all versions of DS

This mod is able to evolve with your suggestion so feel free to ask :) and don't hesitate to report any bug

What's New in Version 0.2   See changelog

Released

Add new feature, you can choose now, how to display information (they are displaying themselves or on mouse hover)

• Like 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

14 minutes ago, saralina said:

this looks excelent for newbies and modders.

and i'm looking for learning how to mod

Hi thanks for your comment. :)

To answer your question. I'm a Java developer so I already know how to code and I already know OOP. 

But you could find in my mod a lot of comments and you could find some tutorials to learn (Java or C++).

It took me 1 week 10 hours a day to understand Lua and understand don't starve code.

It's like everything I take a lot of time.

Sorry to say that but there isn't short cut...

10 hours ago, Chapupi said:

it works with shipwrecked ??

I think so, I hope so.. :)

On 6/26/2016 at 10:38 AM, Rhodd said:

Hi thanks for your comment. :)

To answer your question. I'm a Java developer so I already know how to code and I already know OOP. 

But you could find in my mod a lot of comments and you could find some tutorials to learn (Java or C++).

It took me 1 week 10 hours a day to understand Lua and understand don't starve code.

It's like everything I take a lot of time.

Sorry to say that but there isn't short cut...

oh well. i better take your advice. i really wish to create weapons and containers and stuff like that... and modify some things i considerate underpowered in DS world. actually i'm just downloading mods (like yours) and changing their values so i understand how they work.

BTW... do you know how to create the graphic part in Don't starve (the icons of the objects and mobs, i'm referring) they use a special program or something?