• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Ysulyan: The Nature Dragon 1.2.1

6 Screenshots

About This File

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *shot*

Hey there everyone at Klei Forums, let me present myself and my most fabulous friend, @Mobbstar
Together, we went through countless hours of frustration to finally resolve this mod that in the beginning I started as something silly and that I thought would never see the light, but then again this wonderful person right here -> @Mobbstar <- offered his assistance with many, many coding THINGS. Oh by the way I helped as well with few codings and the art, but he also helped me compile the animation files and whatnot and ugh, I don't know where I would be without him.
ANYWAY here you go, months of work (because basically procrastination, guys) have resulted in this character mod in which you can basically play as the character that is me, yes? Yes, that's basically it.
Note: There might be a couple of bugs we have not seen so please do offer us with some feedback!

So, less talking and more explaining what's this mod about, yes?

Ysulyan (E-Zoo-Leahn) is a nature dragon from a world I have created a long time ago, he's also basically my persona in the internet, so I am basically doing something weird here by making him a character or something, I don't know. The thing is that we managed to CREATE this piece of work that might be-- okay I am rambling again-- ONWARD TO THE STATS.

Basic Stats.
Health(175)
Hunger(160)
Sanity(125)

Perks and Traits.
Ysulyan STRUGGLES with sanity in this sick little world he has been sucked into. Being so disconnected with what he loves and what he is used to seeing gives him a low pool of sanity which he must also regulate very meticulously. Keeping Sanity in check and trying to get enough wood will be your most important issue with this character, unless you know how to do your thing!

1. Being a nature dragon, he respects nature, he cherishes it beyond anything else, and thus:

• Chopping any kind of tree (but not mushtrees) drains his sanity by a ratio of .75 per single chop action, so you should either hire some pigs to do the job or find other means!
  • To compensate all of this, he will recover sanity every time he plants any seed related to trees.
  • He gets no sanity gain when picking flowers, and the Garland has no effects on him.
  • Tree logs have a insanity aura. You should pick them up and put them away! But this does not mean he can't feel them there, like the husk of a once beautiful being that is now rotting in his backpack. The same happens with Planks and Charcoal!
  • Standing close to burning trees will severely reduce his sanity, stay away from the yelling, dying poor things.
  • Growth Spell: Kneel, gather your own fortitude and use it to help nature! He can use Health to perform magicks! By sacrificing his own health, he can bring back to life nature around him! This means that he can instantly make trees, plants, bushes, crops, anything grow! (Check the Magic Tab!). Performing this action drains health from him and he can't do this while having low sanity.

2. His world has little to no ships built, and whenever he sees one he does not trust them. He also hates sailing, and this is enhanced by the fact that he has no wings to fly away in case of danger. While on the seas, his sanity drains at a fast rate. So make sure you are carrying some sanity buffs while doing so and try to do your waterborne chores as fast as possible!

3. He's a dragon, so dragoons see him as some sort of distant cousin: they are neutral unless provoked.

4. Being a nature dragon, this means he is resistant to overheating but weak to cold.

5. Praise the Sun! Energies are abundant during the day! +sanity gain during the day. He will hit harder and will be harder to hit during daytime and he will be weaker at dawn (mod compatibility thanks to @Mobbstar) and dusk, even more so at night.

6. He's allergic to gunpowder and thus he does not even know how to make it because he hates it.

7. Neither does he know how to make the armoured boat, because seriously he barely knows how a ship works.

8. Scales! He has natural armor, meaning even without any crafted gear, he can resist some damage.

Now go on and let me see those bug reports. *u*
srsly though share the feedbacks

What's New in Version 1.2.1   See changelog

Released

• Fixed a problem that caused the game to sometimes crash when crafting a Garland.
  • Like 11

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

there's no ending to the codes you've written.

btw i think i have not erased the developer comments... uuuhh
oh well it will add some personality to the mod

Edited by Ysulyan
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, RusadeSandstorm said:

The legendary nature dragon :v

*Mobbstar is really awesome*

:V ah @Mobbstar they talking to you ma man

7 hours ago, godzillafan2100 said:

I tried to download this, it didn't work. Mayhaps put it on the workshop?

Oh hey there :3
please state why it does not work so I can look around for a solution? Does the game give you some kind of lua error? I will upload the mod into the workshop soon, but not yet :)

1 hour ago, rack said:

Crash.png

Please do test the mod again without any other mod to verify if it's actually the character Ysulyan causing it because if that's true then there might be some mod compatibility problems.

46 minutes ago, Ysulyan said:

Please do test the mod again without any other mod to verify if it's actually the character Ysulyan causing it because if that's true then there might be some mod compatibility problems.

the same mistake was giving modless sorry for my bad english

Edited by rack

I'm not the coding expert of the duet but it appears there's a problem with the custom recipe we added for the character in your end.
What Don't Starve expansion are you playing on?

I play Crack Don't Laugh This not funny

Edited by rack

On 4/25/2016 at 7:54 AM, SirNerd said:

not compatible qith too many items mod. and crashes when I craft garlands

Could you please send a screenshot of when the game crashes when crafting the garlands or share the crash report? (Although crafting it won't be useful because it doesn't give you any bonus when playing as Ysulyan but oh well)

Do you want to be a dragoooonnn. It doesn't have to blow fireeee. It can be a nature dragooooonnn. We will call you Ysulyannnn. Don't ask.....

Edited by iiForgotten
  • Like 2