• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

[DST] UpUpDownDownLeftRightLeftRightBA 1.0.0

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod, if enabled on both a server a client, gives that client remote Lua execution privileges if they press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A. On a keyboard, the directions can be given with either WASD or the arrow keys. This mod also has controller support, accepting directions from both the analog stick and the d-pad.

It is not necessary to have each client install this mod. Instead, as long as the mod is installed on the server, clients without the mod will just not have remote Lua execution privileges on the server (unless they are in fact a regular admin).

This is meant as a testing aid, with the primary aim of easing testing in offline dedicated servers. Regular users should see no utility in this mod.

Setting the mod option "Up up down left... what?" to "no" will give remote Lua execution privileges without requiring the input of the special secret cheat code. But that's no fun.

• Like 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

awesome, this mod is quite clever, but I have an advice for everyone who want to use this mod: try to modify it, change the algorithm to use it, I like the idea but if a griefer who know what does this mod comes to my server he could make a pretty big mess, if you can change the code you can share your secret admin power only with friends or trusting people

Just now, Rily said:

awesome, this mod is quite clever, but I have an advice for everyone who want to use this mod: try to modify it, change the algorithm to use it, I like the idea but if a griefer who know what does this mod comes to my server he could make a pretty big mess, if you can change the code you can share your secret admin power only with friends or trusting people

Using this mod in an online server would be a huge security hole. Obfuscation of the inner workings would do very little to protect from a clever attacker, as the mod wasn't designed with security in mind.

Please just use this mod in offline servers. This is mainly meant for testing servers, but if you're going to use it in real games then restrict them to LAN.

1 minute ago, simplex said:

Using this mod in an online server would be a huge security hole. Obfuscation of the inner workings would do very little to protect from a clever attacker, as the mod wasn't designed with security in mind.

Please just use this mod in offline servers. This is mainly meant for testing servers, but if you're going to use it in real games then restrict them to LAN.

This mod doesn't work at all online?, because I love the idea, anyway, still useful

9 minutes ago, Rily said:

This mod doesn't work at all online?, because I love the idea, anyway, still useful

It works online, but it's a security risk to use it that way. When online, you can already give admin access to users. It's only when offline that dedicated servers refuse any remote commands.

So while you can use it online, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Like 1