• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Covenant of Souls [Beta] Beta 1.40

2 Screenshots

About This File

This mod completely changes how you fight combats in Don't Starve, by replacing them with RPG inspired turn based encounters! So slay monsters, gain experience, and find a way to escape the world in which Maxwell has trapped you!

You're going to need some help though, so be sure to search far and wide for the soul gems of long dead heroes. The spirits of these ancient warriors, trapped within their crystalline prisons, will lend you power and extraordinary skills in combat. Equipping different soul gems will change how you approach a fight. Maxwell's minions have also captured some of your closest friends. Free them, and they will join you in your quest to escape!

This mod has been a real labour of love, undertaken on and off over the period of a whole year. I'd like to really thank some people that help me make this mod a reality:

@Vivalavie and @UltimaZix for lending their lovely art to the mod, which has jazzed up its appearance to no end, and @Mobbstar and @ImDaMisterL for the many hours they spent helping me catch many nasty bugs :-) Thanks guys!

Please note, that this mod currently only works for vanilla Don't Starve; RoG is not supported. It is recommended that this mod is played without any other mods running as the changes to the base mechanics of game are extensive and compatibility can not be assured. A new game must also be started for this mod to take effect.

Additionally, this mod is in beta! There may still be some bugs lurking around. If you can send me a detailed report on any bugs encountered, that would be awesome. But for now, enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A quick explanation of the mod's configuration options

- Difficulty: Changes the difficulty of the mod by altering the strength of monsters and their ability to make intelligent decisions in combat.

- Regenerating health: the player regenerates health over time (100 HP per game day)

- Hardcore mode: when on, if you are defeated in battle, the game is lost and the save file deleted. When off, if defeated, the game is reloaded from the last save point.

- Random encounters: the time of day that random encounters can occur.

- Encounter frequency: how often random encounters occur.

What's New in Version Beta 1.15   See changelog

Released

• Fixed a bug which allowed the lure plant to spawn new eye plants during combat
  • Fixed a bug which caused the damage dealt by the pugilist's 'Right Hook' to not properly scale with the character's lost health
  • Fixed a bug which stopped characters from synchronising their animstates with their doppelganger before the start of a combat
  • Tweaked some character strings
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are a number of ways. You can attack an enemy, or become engaged by an enemy who attacks your or gets too close to you. If enabled, you will also sometimes be attacked by monsters in an ambush (like an RPG random encounter).

It's possible to support custom characters, but its currently not a practical prospect. The creator of the custom character would need to do extra coding to make the two compatible. I might find a way in the future to automatically format custom characters for compatibility, but I have other things with higher priority to worry about first.

i have an idea for your mod!, i don't know if you can even do this in the modding of Don't starve But could you like change the AI of rabbits and butterflies (and basically everything that runs away from you) so you can fight them early game for some easy XP?

EDIT: i found out that they dont even fight you the way you described xD, My bad

Edited by aimanoogamer

How do i get this to work? i have a apple mac and every time i press the download button it just downloads it to a file and i can't find it in game. 

1 hour ago, Cial said:

How do i get this to work? i have a apple mac and every time i press the download button it just downloads it to a file and i can't find it in game.