• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Better Recipes [API] 1.0

About This File

This is a small API that augments how recipes work. The Ingredient class now has a fourth constructor argument, a list of prefab tags. Ingredients with this argument specified will only qualify to be used in the recipe if the prefab has all of the specified tags.

Example:

Recipe("goldnugget", {Ingredient("rocks", 4, nil, {"magic"})}, RECIPETABS.REFINE, TECH.MAGIC_TWO)

This recipe allows the crafting of four rocks into one gold nugget, but only if the rocks have the tag "magic".

NOTE: This mod overwrites the functions CanBuild and RemoveIngredients in the builder component.

THIS FILE IS DISCONTINUED. THE MAIN PROJECT CAN BE FOUND HERE.

What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

• Added tag recognition to recipes.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm interested in why you made this. It seems like a less significant change, compared to things like recipes no longer being indexed by their product, proper support for more than three ingredients, etc.

This was made in anticipation of a larger project, wherein I am collecting tweaks and shortcuts necessary for various mods into a larger API-esque thing.

I'm interested in why you made this. It seems like a less significant change, compared to things like recipes no longer being indexed by their product, proper support for more than three ingredients, etc.

(See above)