• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Wladislaus the Undying 1.0.3.1

5 Screenshots

About This File

Behold Wladislaus the Undying !

He is a mighty vampire who has been tricked by Maxwell.

His stats are :

125 Health

200 Sanity

150 Hunger

Now, to the special abilities :

He is more comfortable at night than at dight, so he will gain sanity when it's dark, and lose some in daylight.

He gets hot very quickly because of his fragile skin.

He needs blood to fill his hunger, so he is carnivore, and can eat monster meat.

He can tame bats to help him fight or chop trees.

When his life drops below 35, he transforms into a big bat, dropping his inventory.

Being in bat form, he is granted nightvision, and is immune to sanity/wetness/hunger/health, but bloodlust comes in. The bloodlust will drain in time, and can only be filled by killing things, or eating meat on the ground, or living insects.

If the bloodlust meter is filled , he will fall asleep and wake up as a vampire the next morning.The more things you will have killed while in bat form, the more stats you will have when you wake up.

If you fail and the bloodlust meter drops down to 0, it's game over for you!

When in batform, pigs will also attack on sight (and spiders will remain calm).

Install :

Download the "wladislaus.zip" file.

Extract it to your "[...]/Steam/SteamApps/common/dont_starve/mods/" folder

-or-

Workshop link : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=515817535

I hope you enjoy it, please tell me if you think it is not balanced and which stats i should change.

I may add some more to the character in time, but I'm not sure how/when yet. Here is what could be available in the future :

-Bite pigs to restore hunger. Biting pigs may transform them into werepigs.

-No sleep in tents/siesta lean to, but custom coffin to sleep in during the day.

-Port to DST.

-Adding craftable bat nests.

Bugs to be fixed yet:

-Character gets kinda off the ground when resurrected and gets quickly unplayable when moving. It is not fixed per say but it is playable, with running speed issues. To remove those, go in/exit a cave.

-Screen edges like heat, ice or blood don't disappear because of entering bat form.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me to get this character done and to the many resources available on the forums here !

What's New in Version 1.0.3.0   See changelog

Released

• 1.0.3.0: Pigs will attack on sight when in bat form. Fixed not transforming into a bat when life gets below 35 because of heat. Fixed Bat mode screen edges that went darker after each transform.
  • 1.0.2.1: Removed bloodlust gain when killing structures/veggies.
  • 1.0.2: Added colored screen edges when in bat form to look more "nightly".
  • 1.0.1.3: Fixed foosteps crash when entering batform while running.
  • 1.0.1.2: Fixed nightvision bug, increased bloodlust gain a bit.
  • 1.0.1.1: Fixed sanity loss/gain during day and dusk.
  • 1.0.1: Added Smoke cloud when transforming into a bat.
  • 1.0 : Base version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Could you please be more specific? Do you have RoG? Does it crash when you start the world or when you enable it iin the mods section?

I'm newbie how I can't install this mod. This mod is doesn't work in my game 

find the game in your steam library then navigate to the install location once there you should see files such as data, scripts there should be one called mods open the mods folder and drag the downloaded mod inside make sure it is not in a zip folder and when you go into the mod folder there is a modmain.lua

hope this helped