About This File
Pickle your foods to make them last longer!
The original Don't Starve version of Pickle It:
This mod is also available in the Steam Workshop:
- Allows pickling of food
- Craftable on the Science Machine in the Food tab
- Takes 1.5 days to fully pickle food
- Currently pickles: beet, berries, cabbage, carrot, corn, cucumber, eggplant, egg, fish, mushroom, onion, pigs foot, pumpkin, radish, watermelon
- Added: beet, cabbage, cucumber, onion, potato, radish
- Grow on farms
- Have a random chance of growing from generic seeds (except potato)
- Can be fed to birds for veggie-specific seeds (except potato)
- Potatoes are grown on farms by planting potatoes (not seeds). Harvesting potatoes from a farm will yield 1-3 potatoes.
- Can be cooked on a fire for the cooked version of each veggie
- Beets, onions, potatoes, and radishes grow wild in the world (Pickle It needs to be active at world gen)
- Wild potatoes must be dug up with a Shovel
- Pigs feet: 1-2 dropped by pigs; can be cooked, dried, and pickled
- Pickle sword: craftable on the Science Machine in the Fight tab
We aim to balance the Pickle Barrel so that it isn't overpowered. While it makes food last longer, there is a trade-off with the pickled versions of most foods.
What's New in Version 1.3.8 See changelog
- Quick drying rack fix for DST update [Version 1.3.8]
- - Fix for renamed dryer functions in latest DST update