• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

6 Screenshots

About This File

GIR is the insane, hyperactive robotic assistant of Zim and the closest thing the incompetent Irken has to a friend, having been constructed from scrap parts and given to Zim by the Almighty Tallest just before it was handed to Zim, instead of a regular SIR (Standard-issue Information Retrieval Unit). All rights about GIR as a character belongs to Jhonen Vasquez (inventor of "Invader Zim").

standart stats:

hunger: 100

sanity: 100

health: 150

perks:

- lower hunger rate (0.9)

- if over 85% sanity he will get into duty modus

- press T for dog suit

- gets more health and hunger by fishtacos

cons:

- sanity loss all the time

duty mode stats:

duty mode perks:

- increased walking speed (1.25)

- increased damge (1.5)

- lower hunger rate (0.5)

duty mode cons:

- more sanity loss all the time

dog suit stats:

dog suit perks:

- no more sanity loss like in the other modes

- while wearing the dog suit there are no effects from normal ore duty mode

dog suit cons:

- decreased damage (0.8)

- increased hunger rate (1.7)

This mod is still in development, please let me know about balancing requests and other input / stuff

If the game crashes when you try to select GIR you have to disable small textures in the options.

What's New in Version 0.9   See changelog

Released

• - major changes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hope you'll put out a version that will work with all the DS types. Like normal and RoG. I just love Gir too much to not get the chance to play as him o 3 o

• Like 1

@LittleVespers, i thought dst will be combined with the normal ds as soon as the beta is finished. If that wont happen, i can try to convert the mod. (But that's no promise :-) )

@Purswader It's alright to wait and see, but I was told that Don't starve together will be a standalone version of Don't starve. They mentioned that, but I didn't really understand it myself. Hmm. Thanks for the reply though, and it's nice that you have Gir in DST in the first place. I wouldn't want to ask for more since you've answered. 

In character selection every time i try to click next, to select gir, the game crash :S i try to select him whit all the versions of this mod ;_; still dosent work. I have to modify some text.doc or something ?

gir together.zip doesn't work in new game version, can u also explain how to intall just incase i did it wrong?, merged all the folders to data, gir isn't in game tho, where do i add the files that are not in a folder in the zip?

@Volosity, u should extract th gir together folder into the mods folder in the dont starve together folder. Otherwise u can search the mod in the steam workshop and subscribe to it, it will be automaticly downloaded.

@Eria, are u sure, u used the newst version? if the game crashes again go to your documents directory the is a directory named klei and in there one named dont starve together. somewhere there is a file named "log.txt" upload this one anywhere and post a link so i an take a look at your problem.

@KainHawk, thanks for letting me know, but i dont what original soundfiles in my mod cause of legal reasons and i think it won't fit into dont starve