Starved to death through complaning

With the farming update the stress animations(and frezing) is so often, that they dupes does'nt get anything done. It is then just a matter of time they stave or suffocate. I am struggle really hard to come past the starting phase because of the changes of the farming update. I run fast out of seeds and the wheat takes too long to replace the mealwood, which maybe need some more harvesting cycles befor they used up.

Try a harder focus on decor and getting lavatories and a shower in place -- both those help a lot with stress.  Also, build a musher -- no one loves (or even likes) to eat mud-pies -- but it's less stressy than starving and can fill in gaps in your harvest.

(personally I don't focus on getting every mealwood seed initially but I do plant all the ones I just run across, those harvests -- turned into lice-loaf -- seem to last me long enough to start getting sleet-wheet in)

Keep an eye on the temp your dupes are in and the amount of oxygen.  I've noticed I can have an okay early game decorated based but low oxygen leads to stress quickly.  Not to mention the other near constant stress buffs that you can't really get rid of w/o research.

We watched a dupe being idle for over 20 seconds on stream tonight - plenty of tasks to be done, but he was just caught up in a loop of tiredness/hunger/funny smell/tiredness.... Pesky narcoleptic shenanigans :D 

It's not too hard to grow mealwood and get seeds. The start zone temperature is pretty good. Just pipe in some dirty water and use a hydrofan. If water is too hot cool it in an ice biome.

Archived