Recategorize Sleet Wheat

At present, Sleet Wheat Grain is treated as any other seed. But unlike the other seeds (except maybe the peppernut, I have not gotten there yet), it rots, since it is also a food product. So you have an item that rots and cannot be stored in a Ration Box/Refrigerator. There is a workaround of course (put a Storage Compactor in a cold room, set it to only hold Sleet Wheat Grain or maybe all seeds) but it is pretty inconvenient.

I'm pretty sure i was able to store some in a refrigerator. I verified on my file, if i empty my frigde, there are seeds on the ground. They just don't seems to be listed in the frigde content.

3 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I'm pretty sure i was able to store some in a refrigerator. I verified on my file, if i empty my frigde, there are seeds on the ground. They just don't seems to be listed in the frigde content.

That's great if it works, but there's no checkbox for it on the ration box (maybe on the fridge only?)

1 minute ago, Lumina said:

I don't know what is the checkbox, maybe the "cooking ingredient" (like the pepper nut). As i said, it's not listed in the fridge content.

Under the "Element Filter" for the ration box, the only subheading is "Edible" which (naturally) does not include Sleet Wheat Grain (since it is not edible, at least not as is).

1 hour ago, Ciderblock said:

So you have an item that rots and cannot be stored in a Ration Box/Refrigerator.

It can be stored in fridge or box, it just cannot be found in it since it doesn't have a display category in there. Some time ago I had a fridge full of them and I couldn't dump them since even unchecking the All checkbox didn't affect them. In the end I built a compactor in CO2 atmosphere dedicated to them and gave it high enough priority to make dupes transfer them from all fridges and boxes.

50 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Some time ago I had a fridge full of them and I couldn't dump them since even unchecking the All checkbox didn't affect them.

The "Empty Storage" option works, it's how i managed to remove them.

2 hours ago, caffeinated21 said:

Since your wheat farm is in a refrigerated environment anyway, just leave them where they lie until you need to cook with them...

This works, but it leaves ugly debris and requires you to remove sleet wheat grain as an option from any seed compactors. The compactor option is better.

Archived