hydrogen in my base

13 minutes ago, leea123 said:

ah that's a shame

well it makes sense. Since the electrolyzer uses water (H2O) to produce oxygen (O2), that means it's separating the water's two components, hydrogen and oxygen; and the hydrogen's got to go somewhere.

When you do something that people can relate to real life, it better be realistic. If not then people are going to be expecting it to behave one way but in the game it doesn't and that just confuses people.

The only exception should be for a game where the point is to not be realistic, but ONI has so far shown to be pretty realistic.

18 minutes ago, leea123 said:

I know in real life it goes but in a game like this it real doesn't need it in my opinion

You can use the hydrogen to your benefit, pump it into a hydrogen generator after it's built up for a while. :)

13 minutes ago, Beowulfe said:

You can use the hydrogen to your benefit, pump it into a hydrogen generator after it's built up for a while. :)

Yeah I had loads at the top of my base. so I used it for power but it was mixed with:

Oxygen,

Polluted oxygen

Carbon dioxide

And trying to filter it all so I only had the hydrogen in the pump was difficult.

Started a new game know trying to do it better. Fingers crossed lol

1 minute ago, leea123 said:

Yeah I had loads at the top of my base. so I used it for power but it was mixed with:

Oxygen,

Polluted oxygen

Carbon dioxide

And trying to filter it all so I only had the hydrogen in the pump was difficult.

Started a new game know trying to do it better. Fingers crossed lol

If you have enough hydrogen, it will filter itself cause hydrogen is always at the top. But once you run out then the wrong gas will go in.

You can use a gas filter to send only hydrogen to generators, if you can provide it enough power... or if you want to get rid of hydrogen completely, go for the electrolyzer .. trick(pouring water on it - you will find some topics about it).

8 minutes ago, Mast3r07 said:

You can use a gas filter to send only hydrogen to generators, if you can provide it enough power... or if you want to get rid of hydrogen completely, go for the electrolyzer .. trick(pouring water on it - you will find some topics about it).

Yeah I did have the filter set to hydrogen but then I have to set up two more one for oxygen, then polluted oxygen. All was ok but then I had carbon dioxide to remove and got to much so I started a new game lol 

2 hours ago, leea123 said:

Yeah I did have the filter set to hydrogen but then I have to set up two more one for oxygen, then polluted oxygen. All was ok but then I had carbon dioxide to remove and got to much so I started a new game lol 

You can filter just hydrogen (and send it to generator) and release all the rest back to the base. If you put a valve on that "all the rest" end of the filter and set it to something small, the filter and subsequently the pump will get blocked for a while every time it starts getting something but hydrogen - saving power. But after a while it will try again and if it's in the hydrogen already, it will send all the hydrogen it can get to the generator.

So you get a pump+filter combo that will be off most of the time, but once every five minutes it will "taste" the environment, send all collected hydrogen generator, and then it will go sleep for another five minutes.

And you can even save power for that filter if you spend time setting up a mechanical filter.

Archived