Suggestions to the wetness mechanic for electric weapons (Morning Star / Darts).

With the recent patch I'm assuming Klei are looking for other QOL fixes to put into the game, some suggestions with the wetness mechanic as well as two bugs currently regarding the system. I'll try to format in an and/or listing of suggested changes. Some love for the lesser used electric weapons / volt goats.

1. Potentially allow more regular mobs and/or bosses other than the Dragonfly to be effected by Water Balloons so you don't rely on rain or have to play around when rain comes and goes, as well as mostly only using the weapons in spring rain/cave rain, and hey Water Balloons get more use.

2. Lower the minimum wetness level for smaller mobs and/or bosses to acquire the "Wetness prefix" indicating that they will take full damage from electric weapons. IIRC the current level is set somewhere around 35 and above for almost everything. This stacks pretty slow with light short rain, you can miss out on your chance to use the weapons If you were busy during the short autumn rain, or the short summer rain.

Side note: Add Volt Goats to World Regen please :(

Bugs:
1. Every mob takes full damage with the wetness prefix, except for the Dragonfly who seems to gain the wetness prefix at 45(?) wetness, takes scaling amounts of damage at 0.01 modifier per 1 wetness. Meaning although the Dragonfly already has the wetness prefix, you cannot do full electric damage to it until it's wetness stacks all the way to the 100 cap. This takes a pretty long time and only the Dragonfly works this way, I assume this is because the Dragonfly was changed to be extinguished by Water Balloons at 100 wetness, which broke something with Electric Weapons.

2. An equipped stack of Blow Darts that slip out of the players hands when wet, drop to the ground as only a single Blow Dart. Rather than the amount you had equipped. RIP my electric Blow Darts lmao.

(I cross posted both bugs to the bug forums already).

15 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

With the recent patch I'm assuming Klei are looking for other QOL fixes to put into the game, some suggestions with the wetness mechanic as well as two bugs currently regarding the system. I'll try to format in an and/or listing of suggested changes. Some love for the lesser used electric weapons / volt goats.

1. Potentially allow more regular mobs and/or bosses other than the Dragonfly to be effected by Water Balloons so you don't rely on rain or have to play around when rain comes and goes, as well as mostly only using the weapons in spring rain/cave rain, and hey Water Balloons get more use.

2. Lower the minimum wetness level for smaller mobs and/or bosses to acquire the "Wetness prefix" indicating that they will take full damage from electric weapons. IIRC the current level is set somewhere around 35 and above for almost everything. This stacks pretty slow with light short rain, you can miss out on your chance to use the weapons If you were busy during the short autumn rain, or the short summer rain.

Side note: Add Volt Goats to World Regen please :(

Bugs:
1. Every mob takes full damage with the wetness prefix, except for the Dragonfly who seems to gain the wetness prefix at 45(?) wetness, takes scaling amounts of damage at 0.01 modifier per 1 wetness. Meaning although the Dragonfly already has the wetness prefix, you cannot do full electric damage to it until it's wetness stacks all the way to the 100 cap. This takes a pretty long time and only the Dragonfly works this way, I assume this is because the Dragonfly was changed to be extinguished by Water Balloons at 100 wetness, which broke something with Electric Weapons.

2. An equipped stack of Blow Darts that slip out of the players hands when wet, drop to the ground as only a single Blow Dart. Rather than the amount you had equipped. RIP my electric Blow Darts lmao.

(I cross posted both bugs to the bug forums already).

@ImDaMisterL does this belong in suggestion and feedback?

Archived