PrismaticPhoton

Photon's Modding Adventures

37 posts in this topic

Spoiler
10 hours ago, PrismaticPhoton said:

eclipse = util.extend( createDaemon( STRINGS.TEST_MOD.ECLIPSE ) )
	{
		icon = "gui/icons/daemon_icons/Daemons00010.png",
		duration = 0,

onSpawnAbility = function( self, sim, player )
			sim:dispatchEvent( simdefs.EV_SHOW_DAEMON, { name = self.name, icon = self.icon, txt = self.activedesc} )

local player = sim:getCurrentPlayer()
			local availableCameras = {}

for _, unit in pairs( sim:getAllUnits() ) do 
				if unit:getTraits().mainframe_camera then 
					if unit:getPlayerOwner() == player then 
						unit:processEMP(2)
					end
				end
			end

player:removeAbility(sim, self )						
		end,

onDespawnAbility = function( self, sim, unit )			
		end,
	}  

Remove

and replace

with

if unit:getPlayerOwner() == sim:getPC() then 

Edited by Cyberboy2000

5 hours ago, Cyberboy2000 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Remove

and replace

with

if unit:getPlayerOwner() == sim:getPC() then 

Oh, oops. I see what happened now. I ripped the camera code from Oracle but inadvertently overwrote the original player parameter passed in. I just need to rename it (that specific check does need to be against the player) and that should hopefully fix it. Thanks!

56 minutes ago, PrismaticPhoton said:

Oh, oops. I see what happened now. I ripped the camera code from Oracle but inadvertently overwrote the original player parameter passed in. I just need to rename it (that specific check does need to be against the player) and that should hopefully fix it. Thanks!

Keep in mind that getCurrentPlayer gets the current player, while you're specifically looking for the PC player.

Just now, Cyberboy2000 said:

Keep in mind that getCurrentPlayer gets the current player, while you're specifically looking for the PC player.

Got it. Thanks.

I have sort of an unrelated question, but this may inform how I pursue different modding ideas, so I'm going to just ask it here:

How do you guys prefer to play the game content-wise? Do you include everything from the base game and the DLC, or do you mix and match only certain aspects? And of course, why? 

45 minutes ago, PrismaticPhoton said:

I have sort of an unrelated question, but this may inform how I pursue different modding ideas, so I'm going to just ask it here:

How do you guys prefer to play the game content-wise? Do you include everything from the base game and the DLC, or do you mix and match only certain aspects? And of course, why? 

I tend to use the complete Klei package (game on expert+dlc) and put a difficult enhancing mod over it (the harder alarm in Programs Extended or Advanced Guard Protocols). Imo thats the most balanced decision you can make. But in reality I just mash all mods together, deactivate some of the things I hate and look how everything interacts.

PrismaticPhoton

I have the base game and the DLC, and generally play with all features from them included.

When I'm trying stuff out and testing, I default to Beginner mode settings, then mod options, so that missions go faster with fewer roadblocks. 

When I play serious, though, I do Endless and Expert.  I've disabled the extended campaign before, but since I can just quit a run whenever I feel like it, I more often leave that be.

I do have multiple samegame.lua's, a plethora, in fact, from playing a modded game, then adding a new mod, etc.  I have one from before I started using any mods at all.  Four is definitely not enough save slots for me.

2 hours ago, SteelCrow said:

When I play serious, though, I do Endless and Expert.  I've disabled the extended campaign before, but since I can just quit a run whenever I feel like it, I more often leave that be.

Are you talking about disabling the Omni side-mission on day 4? That's actually one of things I'm curious about: I'm personally not very fond of the Omni-missions if only because I feel like they're a strategical "bottleneck."

15 hours ago, PrismaticPhoton said:

Are you talking about disabling the Omni side-mission on day 4? That's actually one of things I'm curious about: I'm personally not very fond of the Omni-missions if only because I feel like they're a strategical "bottleneck."

The one where we teleport with Monst3r and get Incognita's special case, yeah.  I disabled it because I think the base game's length is better, and I'm not very fond of the DLC's tier 4 items.  Rush is my favorite combat agent, though.  If I wanted to play longer, I'd play Endless, or leave day/level retries on, and reroll missions in mid-late game, because I like that part of the game the best.

I use DLC, Programs Extended and agents.

Trying to get achievement for 20 days of endless for year, so all options on default, but at day 12 there's no any interest/challenge to play lefts anyway =[
Trying to add self-challenges/missions, like sold all doubles or change all items to versions IV but it still no good. Wish for option to reduce skillpoints, especially speed.

No rebalanced agents/items, I want new stuff added to defaults, not instead of them. Stopped to use Advanced Guards, I can't chew it quantity and feels that it makes corporations more similiar instead of different (mixed feelings about this mod though, because of different elements). Same feelings to more items mods, kinda it adds a too big quantity of samey things instead of few but new.

Edited by Shirsh

2 hours ago, Shirsh said:

Same feelings to more items mods, kinda it adds a too big quantity of samey things instead of few but new.

Haven't used the current item mods, but regardless this is one of things I noticed even playing on regular Endless. Its not that the difficulty doesn't scale but that I feel the options for player progression taper off very quickly. This is something I'd potentially like to take a shot at after I've become a little more acclimated to Endless (just recently got the DLC and am on my first DLC Endless run, tail-end of Day 5.)

I use the Community Mod Pack (which is almost every mod on the workshop) plus dlc. Generally play Expert or Expert+ and leave the rest of the settings be. When I'm not doing that (because I want to try something new) I use either AGP's Hard Mode or PE's Hard Alarm Types and mess around with some of the finer details of GO+ just for the heck of it.

20 hours ago, PrismaticPhoton said:

4 hours ago, SteelCrow said:

The one where we teleport with Monst3r and get Incognita's special case, yeah.  I disabled it because I think the base game's length is better, and I'm not very fond of the DLC's tier 4 items.

Funny, I think the omni levels and the extended campaign are the best parts of the game. The first and part of the second day you just feel weak, and endless leaves no room for your team to grow. The base game I feel ends just when you start to feel strong and get attached to your team, which can be a fine way to structure a game, but I like having that feeling a bit longer. And the omni levels are the high points where you truly can go all in. This works best if you use AGP to make the difficulty of omni scale.

2 hours ago, Shirsh said:

Stopped to use Advanced Guards, I can't chew it quantity and feels that it makes corporations more similiar instead of different (mixed feelings about this mod though, because of different elements).

That's interesting to hear. I feel like I've tried my best to make the new guards fit in with the vanilla ones, but my opinion could very well be biased. Is there anything particular you're bugged by, or is it just the sheer quantity of content? (I admit, some guards have a bit convoluted abilities, but in my defense there's only so much you can do with a straight stat increase)