Do Domesticated Beefalo show when they are hungry?

I played this game quite a bit but I a have a question to domesticated beefalo since I am not so familiar with them! I think you have to still feed your beefalo after it's domesticated but does it still show when it's hungry? Like opening his mouth like he does when you don't feed it? I have my beefalo domesticated for a while now but it never wanted me to feed it and I'm worried I'm doing something wrong and I will lose the domestication status. If you know the answer to my question please tell me :wilson_dorky:

@jantonio :    Really like that series.  What James offers is pretty solid and "please skip the boring game - play and just tell me something" is really welcome.

(besides, I adore that soundtrack, if I wasn't a Wes-player I'd totally Woodie just for the soundtrack when in beaver-mode)

I believe it stays domesticated as long as every day it is either fed, ridden or give access to a salt lick. If you take it out for a long trip, you should probably feed it every day it's away from a saltlick, just to be on the safe side, but you don't need to feed it much.

BTW, the sound effect for a beef eating is really weird.

it follows the same way of gaining and loseing domestication after domesticated

just that now you have to actually keep an eye on it rather than tending to its needs  you do have to kind of feed it a little bit for the ocassions it falls asleep too far away from the salt lick to be salted. that is usually the way it ends up undomesticating over time even if near a lick . so if you arent constantly on it i suggest you feed it at least a few twigs at the end of each day

cause the way domestication works is if being ridden or having food in its belly every ten seconds it ticks up domestication.  so if not riding and not near a lick and not fed it goes down by 1 and ramps up over time.

this here is the best thread about domestication and i say should be stickied

Archived