Frustrating wire overload

Is the overload system really supposed to be this sensitive? (See screenshots)

It more or less makes the game unplayable for me at this point, as my duplicates are constantly running around fixing broken wires (I only use Heavi-Duty).

Screenshot 2017-03-22 21.04.56.png

Screenshot 2017-03-22 21.05.08.png

Screenshot 2017-03-22 21.05.12.png

Screenshot 2017-03-22 21.05.14.png

Your whole grid is connected, so no surprise there.

Even heavy duty cable has a capacity of 2kW at the same time. If you want to use more, you have to separate the grids. That unfortunatellly means having separate power generators too.

And just a tip - to avoid other issues with calculations and to use less materials don't build loops in your grid, have a minimal tree.

40 minutes ago, Gonzoen said:

Is the overload system really supposed to be this sensitive? (See screenshots)

It more or less makes the game unplayable for me at this point, as my duplicates are constantly running around fixing broken wires (I only use Heavi-Duty).

Screenshot 2017-03-22 21.04.56.png

Like Vilda said all you need to do is clean up your grid. You have way more wiring than what is needed. A good example on how to fix it is in this example picture when it comes to powering your Air Purifiers. You are using like 5 times as much wire than needed. Remove all the wiring coming down from the row of Storage and just use the line under the Air Purifiers to connect to the Batteries. You also don't need 2 separate lines to power each Water Pump in that pit. Once you organize your grid removing all the redundant and over crossed lines you'll have no problem.

13 minutes ago, vonVile said:

You have way more wiring than what is needed

Some people know about Ohm's law and they expect they will have less internal cables resistance if you have 2 parralel cables you can connect twice more consumers to it. But it's not working now. 

Have you found SonyVegas and Fraps?

29 minutes ago, Nativel said:

Some people know about Ohm's law and they expect they will have less internal cables resistance if you have 2 parralel cables you can connect twice more consumers to it. But it's not working now.

No one expects Ohm's law in a game. Unless it is a niche grid management or reality simulation.

14 minutes ago, Vilda said:

No one expects Ohm's law in a game. Unless it is a niche grid management or reality simulation.

Well I suppose Gonzoen expect it, or how can we explain parallel cables on those screenshots, hehehe.

Yes I agree if they want to have line load limits there needs to be ways of compensating for it like multiple parallel connections or battery placement. That is why they use large transformers and capacitors on real lines... 

I would suggest the following batteries placed near high draw items like heaters and such reduce overall load on that area of grids also line loss long runs reduce effective power could be represented as needing to place a battery every so often on long runs to get power there. The only other suggestion would be parallel lines increasing capacity...

I don't think a ring main circuit provides any benefit in this game so you can go ahead and wire in series without a loop. 

What'd be cool is if they added diodes so we could build some logic gates and have a greater control over our power grids. I don't like this multiple grid solution at the moment, just a PITA and you end up with just a series of multiple hamster wheels.

3 hours ago, Vilda said:

Your whole grid is connected, so no surprise there.

Even heavy duty cable has a capacity of 2kW at the same time. If you want to use more, you have to separate the grids. That unfortunatellly means having separate power generators too.

And just a tip - to avoid other issues with calculations and to use less materials don't build loops in your grid, have a minimal tree.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Vilda said:

I did. It just makes sense, that having more wiring connected would reduce the strain on the system overall. But hey, now I know how the game works in this respect.

Thanks to you all! It was really quite frustrating, so I'm glad that you were willing to help.

3 hours ago, Gonzoen said:

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!

I did. It just makes sense, that having more wiring connected would reduce the strain on the system overall. But hey, now I know how the game works in this respect.

Thanks to you all! It was really quite frustrating, so I'm glad that you were willing to help.

its easy you can see just move mouse to wire and you can see circuit in use :)

636dbcd2e52c4174bf56a24b10d17100.png

Archived