No geysers in new worlds?

Has anyone been able to find any geysers in worlds created AFTER the latestest update to the patch yesterday?

I ran a 100-something cycle map hunting for one and nevber found. I checked the debug map and tried to verify through searching the save data file for "geyser" and i am not finding a single one in that world, or the 10 other that i made to test this. So has anyone actually had one spawn AFTER yesterdays update?

I really want geysers in my new world... I had to go back to 210320 and create world there and then start playing with that save on new version :)

---

Why change in Subworld.cs function GenerateChildren() for 210489 build?
Why that +1 was removed?

old: if (someVariable + 1 < randomPoints.Count)
new: if (someVariable < randomPoints.Count)

and then inside if accessing randomPoints[someVariable++]

That old check seems better if someVariable is just one bellow Count with zero based arrays.

I havnt, tried about 15 times and used debug mode as well as checking the save log for it and no geysers, got lucky and remembered I started a game before update and stopped like day 2 and went into a new game, so now have a reason to go back as it old save still has geyser in it.

ive watched a youtuber get 3 geysers in 1 spot of poluted water in a slime biome at the top right of his base.. I've created a new world and searched up down left and right and haven't found a single one. (And yes im on the update)

6 hours ago, DaniBlue said:

I havnt, tried about 15 times and used debug mode as well as checking the save log for it and no geysers.

This is pretty much my story as well. Started at least a dozen new games with 210489 yesterday, checked the save with an editor, and no geysers in any of the save files. Today I've gone back to 210320, started half a dozen new games, checked them in an editor, and only one of them didn't have a geyser(s).

So I'd say there certainly seems to be a bug with geysers appearing in new starts in 210489. Not sure if it precludes geysers appearing entirely, but the chances of them appearing seems to be drastically reduced (at best). Hopefully this gets looked at / fixed in the next update.

10 hours ago, Woody13911 said:

How do you go back to 210320 version?   

Just for world generation you can temporary replace new Assembly-CSharp.dll with older version (210320).
Create new world, exit and put back new 210489 version of that dll so that you don't have mixed version. Then load your new world into normal new version - starting save file is automatically created after world generation.

That dll is in folder like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed"

Assembly-CSharp.dll (210320 version)

1 hour ago, Nickishero said:

ive watched a youtuber get 3 geysers in 1 spot of poluted water in a slime biome at the top right of his base.. I've created a new world and searched up down left and right and haven't found a single one. (And yes im on the update)

You can increase the rate of them spawning by editing the file named "mobs.yaml" located at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen

*You need to start a new world for this to work"

Not 100% sure whether it was steamspout or geyser ... btw the mobs will die if there is too much heat from the water coming out , build doors to stop that =P

Your dupes may need to get closer to the unexplored areas for you to be able to see any mobs...

tempo.jpg

34 minutes ago, chestnutcute said:

You can increase the rate of them spawning by editing the file named "mobs.yaml" located at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen

*You need to start a new world for this to work"

Not 100% sure whether it was steamspout or geyser ...

Yes... that is what I tried before digging into code changes. Geyser is the correct setting and works in 210320 build. There is also some limit to 200 added things on the map.

5 hours ago, bzgzd said:

Just for world generation you can temporary replace new Assembly-CSharp.dll with older version (210320).
Create new world, exit and put back new 210489 version of that dll so that you don't have mixed version. Then load your new world into normal new version - starting save file is automatically created after world generation.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed

Awesome!   Thank you!   It worked first try and got 8 geysers!   Also, thank you for file and detailed response.  Very cool.  You rock!

4 hours ago, tehMugwump said:

Hasn't been an issue for me since after only 5 cycles my guys are suffocating and no algae in sight for the algae/oxygen generators... :shock:

Probably digging that green oxylite right after start is not the best strategy.

yHtm63A.png

2 hours ago, Nickishero said:

So.. that means i change the value of min and max to 1 ? or like to 100 or to 0?

For example the default value is 0.02 , to make it spawn/generate twice the amount , increase it to 0.04.

Just change both the min and max value. Also max value must be >= min value.

Do not go overboard with the values , it will make your world unable to load or generate.

Actually i'm not sure whether your world has 0 geyser or you just want more geyser in your world...since i saw you mentioning you had 0 geyser...

If world has 0 geyser , solution =

On 3/19/2017 at 9:11 PM, bzgzd said:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed"

Assembly-CSharp.dll (210320 version)

Puft currently do not consume contaminated oxygen thus they do not poop out slimes. *known bug* under

Archived