Plants not consuming gas intended?

I read that they had changed this at some point, but it is an intended design going forward that plants will no longer consume any gas?  I am starting to get a lot of C02 built up and before I was dealing with this by bottom level farming.  If it is by design, then I will need to find another way to destroy C02 I guess.

Morbs destroy CO2, or rather they consume it and replace it with contaminated O2. You can even see them jump up slightly when they do so I presume it's quite powerful winds they breaking. Wouldn't wanna let a match anywhere near those critters.

It can be quite fun to come up with new ways to kill your dupes though. And I also wanted to see if there was an upper limit to how many morbs you could get, and if you continued to kill of your dupes if they would still be offered at the same pace (one every 3rd cycle). After getting 120 morbs by killing 40 dupes in a row I think I can conclude that there's no upper limit, and that dupes are still offered at the same pace no matter what you do to them. I just like testing the limits :D  

I also had a dupe make 1000 sculptures (by making 50 sculptures, destroy them, and remake them 20 times) to get his creativity to level 25 to see if there was a level beyond masterpiece painting and mediocre sculpture. There is not. Which annoys me a little that the maximum sculpture level is "mediocre".

You can trap 10kg worth of CO2 in gas pipe sections, swap out the section of pipe and the CO2 is gone. Any gas is gone for that matter, have been doing it for contaminated oxygen too.

Am doing a play through now where we didn't touch sand till cycle 200, and even then it was just for water filtration as we just couldn't get the steam generation on a scale that would support the base.

Although since then we've hit magma...

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

It can be quite fun to come up with new ways to kill your dupes though. And I also wanted to see if there was an upper limit to how many morbs you could get, and if you continued to kill of your dupes if they would still be offered at the same pace (one every 3rd cycle). After getting 120 morbs by killing 40 dupes in a row I think I can conclude that there's no upper limit, and that dupes are still offered at the same pace no matter what you do to them. I just like testing the limits :D  

I also had a dupe make 1000 sculptures (by making 50 sculptures, destroy them, and remake them 20 times) to get his creativity to level 25 to see if there was a level beyond masterpiece painting and mediocre sculpture. There is not. Which annoys me a little that the maximum sculpture level is "mediocre".

You can make unlimited MORBS with just 1 dead dupe. They only spawn up to 3 per game session.
But each time you boot up the game again, as long as that dead dupe is still there, another 3 will spawn over time.

37 minutes ago, LuckyMarineGames said:

You can trap 10kg worth of CO2 in gas pipe sections, swap out the section of pipe and the CO2 is gone. Any gas is gone for that matter, have been doing it for contaminated oxygen too.

Am doing a play through now where we didn't touch sand till cycle 200, and even then it was just for water filtration as we just couldn't get the steam generation on a scale that would support the base.

Although since then we've hit magma...

If you don't mind using these kind of tactics, an easy way, and (perhaps) less glitchy is to simply pump any unwanted gas through a gas pump and vent on a loop. Gas is partially destroyed when being pumped, so after a few loops, it's almost gone completely.

2 minutes ago, SpoonsOnMyElbows said:

If you don't mind using these kind of tactics, an easy way, and (perhaps) less glitchy is to simply pump any unwanted gas through a gas pump and vent on a loop. Gas is partially destroyed when being pumped, so after a few loops, it's almost gone completely.

Interesting, will have to test that one out, enclosed room with a pump venting straight back out, and a feed into said room of gasses you need to get rid of.

Any ideas of quantities lost?

12 minutes ago, LuckyMarineGames said:

Interesting, will have to test that one out, enclosed room with a pump venting straight back out, and a feed into said room of gasses you need to get rid of.

Any ideas of quantities lost?

remove gases.png

This is what i use in my base, there are a couple of pumps leading to it, 1 high for light gases, 1 low for CO2, and they pump into this pictured room to one of the vents. The pump in this room eats it up, and sends it to the second vent in the pictured room, so it loops.
It's all on a switch because it's so fast.
If my base is filling with CO2, i switch this on for maybe 10 seconds, and then its clean again.
It cleans a base the size of the entire screen zoomed out, if that helps.

Archived