Translation Groups

Would there be any chance we got some translation groups?

I know we are in an extra eraly alpha stage, but maybe it would be good to start those already so we could start fixing trnaslations as early as possible and open the alpha to as many people as possible. For example: I'm Brazillian and fluent in both Portuguese and English and would be more than happy to work in such project if it were to exist, and I am pretty sure other people form other countries also would.

• Developer

Also Brazilian, also would love to help translate the game, though Klei's modus operandi for translation for PC games has usually been: Release Game > Release (Language) Mod Support > Support Community Translations

The translations are normally done alone, but I'm definitely not against making a Brazilian translation group, I'd love to be of help!

• Developer
4 minutes ago, HoovyEd said:

What would truly help would be if they (in the next patch of course) added the smallest mod support ever made just so translations could be started, they could even just get the DS one and import it to ONI.

@Moonkis is making a strings tool for ONI, if he updates it to allow every in-game string we could already start translating with it!

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

@Moonkis is making a strings tool for ONI, if he updates it to allow every in-game string we could already start translating with it!

It would be perfect actually, it would mean we would ahve everything we need to work on the translations.

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

6 minutes ago, HoovyEd said:

It would be perfect actually, it would mean we would ahve everything we need to work on the translations.

Calm down people ;) it's still a lot of work, which isn't particularly fast, with balancing University and trying to find spare-time. It's definitely doable, but in all honestly, it might be a lot of unnecessary work. Klei could easily expose the STRINGS-table as an external file, which would make hours of work pretty obsolete. If they had a time-line on when they might do this, that would be great @JoeW.

However that doesn't mean that translation of the game can't start, with all the text that is available! Sorry, don't want to bring you down, just trying to keep the hype of any major tools coming out in like the next few days down a lil' bit.

21 minutes ago, Moonkis said:

Calm down people ;) it's still a lot of work, which isn't particularly fast, with balancing University and trying to find spare-time. It's definitely doable, but in all honestly, it might be a lot of unnecessary work. Klei could easily expose the STRINGS-table as an external file, which would make hours of work pretty obsolete. If they had a time-line on when they might do this, that would be great @JoeW.

However that doesn't mean that translation of the game can't start, with all the text that is available! Sorry, don't want to bring you down, just trying to keep the hype of any major tools coming out in like the next few days down a lil' bit.

That is far away from bringing us down, it means that we actually have someone trying to do something (truly thanks, btw!) You can't run a marathon without first walking a meter.

22 minutes ago, Moonkis said:

That is far away from bringing us down, it means that we actually have someone trying to do something (truly thanks, btw!) You can't run a marathon without first walking a meter.

43 minutes ago, HoovyEd said:

Thanks, it means a lot! I know people are excited, and I promise so am I!

Archived