Help with spriter

I want to ask is it impossible to mod characters with long hair without making custom animations?

I'm using the extended character sample but I'm making a human character so far I've tried to put the hair into the hair files (where the cat ears are) into the hairfront (which it doesn't use) and the pigtails (the hair I want is not pigtails)

So i tried using only one pigtail with the full hair and place it behind the head:

now it shows up in spriter like this:

e0464e0cddfa31a3af7a3f5ef06e644c.png

So naturally I put it like this:

d6fd6e74742b8136ae04232a69708711.png

However in game it still shows up like this:

760fcfcb9319501d9b7511bdd9d4c543.png

I've tried looking for a tutorial on how to make spriter changes show up in games and solutions for a problem similar to mine but I haven't found any can someone please help I've been stumped on this and really want to get to the rest of the art. Thanks!

You're making a character build, aka graphics that you'll swap with graphics in the player animations.

It doesn't matter how they're arranged in Spriter, since the game basically ignores your animation file and just takes your graphics and puts them into Wilson's animations. 

You need to edit the graphics themselves to make them look properly. The stuff you see in Spriter is just a helpful "preview" of how it would look in-game.

And long hair is not really possible, unless you toy around with pigtails layer.

1 hour ago, peppermintfrog said:

That's a shame I see loads of mods with long hair I can't really figure out how to do it. Thanks for the reply I'll use a different hairstyle it's just kind of a bummer really. Well now that I know I can get to the rest of the mod.

those that makes long hair adds the hair to the Pigtails sprites, not HAIR. They also separate the long hair in two parts to not get glitched.

2 minutes ago, peppermintfrog said:

I've tried that but because the hair isn't a solid color I can't get it to line up perfectly 

well, if you keep trying to adjust the sprite by modifying it and such, you will eventually get somewhere, but you would have to have quite a lot of patience.

I'm actually  happy to have gotten this information..
I thought I was going to go through all the long haired mods to find an animation that suits my character.

Thank you for explaining this.
I actually feel relieved that I'm not the only who's suffering with this hehe..

Archived