I misread Meat Effigy - So it is basically eternal regeneration?

This is why playing wilson as a beginner is a great idea. Just shaving gets you the beard hair so easily rather than trying to go insane as other characters to get the beard hair. I remember dying in the caves due to shadow monsters/depth dwelling spiders in the ruins, losing my first touch stone. Then I ran back to base grabbing the least bit of gear and going back down to grab my gear where I died. Died to depth dwelling spiders again, now lost my last touch stone. This was before I learned how to burn the web spawn by lighting a piece of wood on fire.

So now I always have one meat effigy at base and another pre-crafted so once I respawn, I plop another meat effigy down right away. I've died so many times trying to navigate the caves and ruins. From bunnies (forgetting I had meat) to cave spiders and shadow monsters, meat effigies have saved one of the play thru as wilson many times and allowed me to learn and gain experience in the dangerous caves. I probably wouldn't have taken the same risks if I ran out of touchstones.

On 1/8/2017 at 8:34 AM, Majestix said:

Not sure what you mean by "you can use it an infinite number of times". It is destroyed after you regenerate, and you get your 30 HP back. You can then build a new one.

What I meant was I thought it would be usable a few times and then death was permanent.   Glad to see that wasn't the case.

Archived