Cannot test mods after the cavespreview update

I have two mods that I've been working on the past couple days and I was testing them earlier. One I had made major changes to, and one I had fixed a brain file that was bugged. When I went to test them, the game updated itself with the caves preview update, and now instead of getting crash logs, I get immediately disconnected from my server when I try to test either of the mods. When I go to the logs in the klei documents folder (log and client_log), there is nothing in either file that tells me what the problem is. Is there ANY way to fix this? 

Yeah, my mod was working just fine before this update and now all of a sudden I can't spawn them at all. Their crafting tab shows up, but upon crafting or c_give ("prefab") nothing happens.

It's really frustrating, and I'm in the same boat as you, there's no error message in the log indicating that the items shouldn't have spawned. They just don't.

• Developer

@mf99k can you try looking in server_log.txt in Cluster_1\Caves or Cluster_1\Master depending on which world you were in at the time of the crash. If the crash happened on the server side, the error will exist there.

10 hours ago, FelixTheJudge said:

c_give ("prefab") nothing happens

Did your console say "remote" on it when you tried using the command? If not try hitting the Ctrl key to make sure that you're running the command on the server.

4 hours ago, PeterA said:

@mf99k can you try looking in server_log.txt in Cluster_1\Caves or Cluster_1\Master depending on which world you were in at the time of the crash. If the crash happened on the server side, the error will exist there.

Did your console say "remote" on it when you tried using the command? If not try hitting the Ctrl key to make sure that you're running the command on the server.

yeah it said "remote" on it.

• Developer

which prefab are you trying to give? If it's not something that can go in your inventory it gets dropped and likely is dropping at 0,0,0 in the world. Can you try c_spawn ? That will spawn the prefab at your mouse location.

12 minutes ago, PeterA said:

which prefab are you trying to give? If it's not something that can go in your inventory it gets dropped and likely is dropping at 0,0,0 in the world. Can you try c_spawn ? That will spawn the prefab at your mouse location.

It's working now. Though DebugSpawn still doesn't work, though it seems to be most likely my mod not working, which makes me sad. It was somewhat working fine before the cave update.

1 hour ago, FelixTheJudge said:

It's working now. Though DebugSpawn still doesn't work, though it seems to be most likely my mod not working, which makes me sad. It was somewhat working fine before the cave update.

The good thing is I finally figured out where the crash log saves

under the cluster folder #(whatever saveslot it is) it's the master folder under server_log

• Developer
On 2/13/2016 at 8:02 PM, FelixTheJudge said:

Though DebugSpawn still doesn't work, though it seems to be most likely my mod not working, which makes me sad. It was somewhat working fine before the cave update.

The main difference after the update is that you're no longer the host when hosting a game, you're a client connected to a local server where the host is running on the server. I assume your DebugSpawn code is happening on the client. Instead you'll want to send an RPC to the host/server to do the spawning of the prefab.