no kicking griefers in dedicated servers

you cannot kick in dedicated servers because you do not own them, none of the players do. so it is very easy to start griefing in a dedicated server. i suggest that you could report players, or that if you eat a lot of things in a row with full hunger, or a lot of healing stuff in a row with full health etc, give the other players the abbility to VOTE kick him. not to kick him, to ote kick, and only after doing those stuff. also applies maybe to hammering to many stuff in a short period without building anything in between

Is there a way to kick/ban on your own server?  I had this moron Rupert join our server, he lit all the bushes and trees on fire in my camp, then took everything from the chests, and then logged off.  

It would be nice to have a global black list, so griefers can be caught in a net.

Is there a way to kick/ban on your own server?  I had this moron Rupert join our server, he lit all the bushes and trees on fire in my camp, then took everything from the chests, and then logged off.  

It would be nice to have a global black list, so griefers can be caught in a net.

Yeah you can do it from the "scoreboard" (tab key).

but i wanna be able to play DST with random people, not just with friends of mine, and i want a server that is open 24/7

You can host a server thats open to the public if you want to play with random people. But it wont be up 24/7... i believe they have said that we'll be able to run our own dedicated servers some time in the future. Until then, you'll probably have to compromise.

who would join?

(i don't mean to be rude, i mean that all her/his friends have too large ping to join)

i thought you wanted to play with randoms, not friends... so why does it suddenly matter about friends pings? random people from the same region would join.

Hosting is not a solution. It was hard for me to get people onto my public server because everyone wanted to play on the password servers anyway.

Cant say i've had any trouble myself, i've been hosting servers the last few days and people always join. I suppose it could depend on your location and your connection speed though.

I dont really like kick vote systems, they are too easily abused. I'm thinking about situations like when 2 people are playing on a server, then 4 others join who are all freinds with each other and vote kick the original 2 players out... 

Cant say i've had any trouble myself, i've been hosting servers the last few days and people always join. I suppose it could depend on your location and your connection speed though.

Last time I had a server, the ping could never examine my computer. With griefers and bad connection, it is tough to get people to join a ??? server.

I dont really like kick vote systems, they are too easily abused. I'm thinking about situations like when 2 people are playing on a server, then 4 others join who are all freinds with each other and vote kick the original 2 players out... 

never thought about anything even similar, but i was vote kicked from a few servers in my life without even knowing what i did wrong. then agian, my suggestion was that ythe option to vote kick is only if they eat things that they don't need a lot or hammer a lot of stuff, which are things that griefers do and usual players don't

i thought you wanted to play with randoms, not friends... so why does it suddenly matter about friends pings? random people from the same region would join.

yes but i think i said that when i quoted something that you suggested to person who compained that random people go to password servers, not his server.

EDIT:

also i said i want to play with randoms no ridley

Griefers should be placed in a completely walled in area (TIME OUT BOX) with no tools and a Deadly Feast sitting on the ground. The Feast won't save them because they'll just be a ghost and someone still has to hammer down a wall to revive them anyway.

THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE GRIEFER, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE FOR A GOOD LONG WHILE.

Griefers should be placed in a completely walled in area (TIME OUT BOX) with no tools and a Deadly Feast sitting on the ground. The Feast won't save them because they'll just be a ghost and someone still has to hammer down a wall to revive them anyway.

THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE GRIEFER, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE FOR A GOOD LONG WHILE.

Haha, I like this so much better then straight out kicking someone off the server :p Mod pls?

Griefers in this game can really do a lot of damage.  Him emptying out my boxes pretty much ruined my world and I had to delete the server.  A global ban list would be a huge help, have some sort of thing where if someone is banned from 3 servers they are put on the ban list or something.  As it is, when I joined a server I didn't want to mention where I was because I was worried about this.  Second person I met confirmed my worries.  So now I will just play on a private locked server so my son and I can play together.

Archived