Instead of 4 Player minimum would you rather have 2 minimum

Multiplayer slots  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How many multiplayer slots should there be?

I've asked JoeW about that. As things are now it's 2-4 players definitely with 4 being minimum. So there might be more than 4 players in Don't Starve Together. They don't know or they do know but they haven't said anything official about it yet.

When they say 2-4 player minimum, I always got the impression that they meant they'd aim for at least 2-4 players playing at one time...which is different than saying you can only play if you have 4 people.

I've asked JoeW about that. As things are now it's 2-4 players definitely with 4 being minimum. So there might be more than 4 players in Don't Starve Together. They don't know or they do know but they haven't said anything official about it yet.

Do you mean 2-4 definitely but 4 maximum as of now?

Do you mean 2-4 definitely but 4 maximum as of now?

Correct, 2-4 definitely and 4 being minimum as of now because they may increase the number of players to one server. So you could have 2-8 players for example.

Why don't you start a poll and ask the question

"What should be the maximum number of players allowed on each server in Don't Starve Together?"

Then have options like 2-4, 2-5, 2-6, 2-7, etc...

I've already got too many threads running atm :)

Correct, 2-4 definitely and 4 being minimum as of now because they may increase the number of players to one server. So you could have 2-8 players for example.

Why don't you start a poll and ask the question

"What should be the maximum number of players allowed on each server in Don't Starve Together?"

Then have options like 2-4, 2-5, 2-6, 2-7, etc...

I've already got too many threads running atm :-)

Good idea i don't know how to make polls though so if someone sets it up i would be happy to vote.

10 players woah lol. Don't think that would happen but nice to dream about lol. Easy maybe, or maybe not that's a lot of food to gather for everyone.

I think 2 players would be great, 3 people is the ideal number in my opinion. No more than 4 though. :)

To clarify, the "4 players minimum" is our minimum number for how many people could be able to play at once. 

This means, that if you want to play with one, two, three other people in a multiplayer world, go for it. It is not likely that there would be an actual minimum for how many people would be able to play. 

And, to be clear, this number could be more, but for now we are promising a minimum of up to 4 players who can play at once.

This smells pretty decently of dedicated server support, which I would deffinetly love and host on my dedicated server. Even if Klei won't develop the proper tools for it, I'm sure the wonderfull modding community we have here will be capable of delivering.

To clarify, the "4 players minimum" is our minimum number for how many people could be able to play at once. 

This means, that if you want to play with one, two, three other people in a multiplayer world, go for it. It is not likely that there would be an actual minimum for how many people would be able to play. 

And, to be clear, this number could be more, but for now we are promising a minimum of up to 4 players who can play at once.

Thanks for clarifying it. Now that i think about it that makes more sense.

Archived