New adventure mode for Together?

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Together have a new version of Adventure Mode?

• Yes! I want more story, and an objective when playing with my friends!
    • No! It would be pointless and take from the experience!
    • I don't care, and this wouldn't affect me.
    • I want Together to have some form of Adventure Mode, but I don't specifically know what I want.

I was kind of thinking about how everyone wants story progression in Don't Starve, and how Adventure Mode was an interesting concept in DS and was universally liked. Then I thought about how Together was going to add more singleplayer content, and how some players might be bored by the open-endedness of cooperative Don't Starve.

With an adventure mode of sorts, it would make multiplayer interesting because of the strange rules, like frog rain or islands, that Adventure Mode abides by, and the idea of a possible objective for you and your friends to seek out. Normally, a game of Don't Starve revolves around your own progression and upgrading. But if there was a(n optional) prime directive for all the players it would help to give meaning to playing with your friends.

I just thought of this and wanted to see what others thought. And if you find this has been discussed elsewhere, please post a link to that discussion.

I agree. I don't know how I would feel about an escalated challenge, AND having to deal with supporting another player. Though, I'm so much of a loser, I haven't beaten Adventure Mode, so that wouldn't be fun for me. Maybe a day record for sorting players?

I want Adventure Mode in some form for co-op, whether it's a new one or the old one. That sounds like the most fun for me as far as co-op goes.

none of the options match my feelings, so I didn't vote.

I want Adventure Mode in some form for co-op, whether it's a new one or the old one. That sounds like the most fun for me as far as co-op goes.

none of the options match my feelings, so I didn't vote.

Agreed.

Also maybe have an exclusive character only obtainable by playing an Adventure mode in Don't Starve Together?

*insert evil laugh*

This will get everyone who is saying they won't play multiplayer to play it.

Agreed.

Also maybe have an exclusive character only obtainable by playing an Adventure mode in Don't Starve Together?

*insert evil laugh*

This will get everyone who is saying they won't play multiplayer to play it.

I wouldn't mind that, but something tells me the devs have had enough Wes complaints to last them for a lifetime.

I would love to see new characters added that could be ONLY be unlocked by finishing Coop Adventure mode.

But please, don't make it like Wez. Don't make it luck-based.

I would rather fight all the season bosses (they should not attack each other) completely alone, rather than hopoing against hope to find something that might not be there :(

Archived