A way to make non renewable resources renewable -easily!

DLC is FINISHED so it'd be pointless for me to post this there. This also could be an even bigger problem with multiplayer if not done, so please implement this:

I was thinking, the fact that mandrakes are non renewable, the carrots on the floor "are there and were not picked by those who are now dead (people who are boons now) etc. does not make sense! How about if:

Flint is picked, a new one in the ground spawns someone in the grass area if that's the biome where you've picked it or just somewhere near the area you've picked one or both. Same with stones, boilders, tentacles, merm houses (because it is the only house you can't craft), spikey trees, burned reeds, burned cactuses, spiky trees and may be some other stuff.

For carrots and Mandrakes, may be if a seed falls on a turf it can grow on (like eyeplant) it would then grown into a carrot (99.9% chance) or mandrake (0.01% chance) if not eaten by a bird or picked within 5 minutes after being dropped by a bird or a different mob like pig (or somethjng like that). That way it would make sense that the carrots are regrowing instead of never have been picked by "the previous people who were in the world (who we know as boons when they're dead)" and make Mandrake renewable. Also would sort out the problem of rot being everywhere afterwards and showing how mandrakes "actually grew where they are" at.

everything renewable is not a good thing. Non-renewable resources are better in some cases(like the mandrakes) because you have to think if you really want to use it at that time or save it for something better.
Also, anything is renewable in this game with the Teleportato
(and Boons, are actually the "Set Pieces", not the skeletons)

The problem with that is that there are a lot of players who do not understand that some things are important, and will carelessly use up all the unrenewables.

Then you wait for them to fall asleep, hammer down their meat effigy, take all the tooth traps on the ground and lure 10 fire hounds to their tent.

Whatever about the boons and stuff. But with the mandrakes, I think they SHOULD be renewable, just having a really low chance of being grown from seeds would be fine.

And there is something I really hate: the flowers respawn during the full moon around you and A LOR OF THEM, making a lot of flowers spawn around one place and in other places is nothing, which is kinda creepy as well. What if instead a new flower would spawn when you take one just like I mentioned above instead? Or may be like for carrots and mandrakes they would grow from seeds and have like 50% or 75% to grow into a flower or something, making carrot's spawn chance 24.9% or 49.9%!

everything renewable is not a good thing. Non-renewable resources are better in some cases(like the mandrakes) because you have to think if you really want to use it at that time or save it for something better.

Also, anything is renewable in this game with the Teleportato

(and Boons, are actually the "Set Pieces", not the skeletons)

Extreme rarity can accomplish the same thing as non-renewability. Such an accomplished development team is more than capable of figuring out a way keep the game balanced without making the world totally sterile.

How about Mandrake mating seasons?

How about we make mandrake seeds that only grow into mandrakes on full moons by infusing carrot seeds with lots of nightmare fuel using a Shadow Manipulator?

This would require a bird cage, a bird that you have to feed, and a good deal of nightmare fuel to do, so it wouldn't be easy

Hmm, I dislike the idea of a server running indefinitely, which is generally required for a more large-scale, infinitely expansive game like Minecraft or Starbound.

I feel like the progression of time in don't starve is much more important, and that it would work best at a small, co-op level with around 4 players. At such a small scale resources being renewable wouldn't be much of an issue.

Extreme rarity can accomplish the same thing as non-renewability. Such an accomplished development team is more than capable of figuring out a way keep the game balanced without making the world totally sterile.

not really. If something is non-renewable, you can lose all hope of ever finding it in the game if you run out(which makes you play more conservatively, specially with a great item like the Pan Flute). Extreme rarity leaves you some hope to stumble upon it again, which means that the value of such items drop slightly, and in some cases it can even be farmed

I think you're jumping the gun a bit by assuming how these multiplayer maps will be set up. The only thing that Klei told us is that there will probably be a four minimum player limit - nothing about maps, map sizes, servers, resources or any of that. 

And if the players in the server are dumb enough to waste all the non-renewable resources in the world, then they deserve to not have the,, and if you are playing with dumb people, well, why are you playing with dumb people? Carrots are renewable with farms, and if you don't set out to intentionally burn something there will probably be some of it left. 

Archived