[Fixed!] Question about Wes?

JoeW, did two more adventure runs last night and nothing, The first one was a the game afoot, cold reception, then king of winter. The second was a cold reception, archipelago, then king of winter. I'm going to delete the game data to night and start completely over, that seems to have worked for some people. I'll post back if it works. There has to be some bug/glitch that if he doesn't show up in the first few time, he never will. Even if the other posters are saying we are lying. I literally not figuratively have uncovered over a hundred maps. Even if the 1% thing isn't truth, I think he would have show up by now.

Ps. Shoggoth and jbettle quit trolling in the thread that you have no business being in, your snarky comments aren't helping anyone. Thank you

Hey there. Thanks for reporting back. 

Here, we have been unable to reproduce this issue. We are unable to create a circumstance that will cause Wes not to appear. Please report back on your next attempts, maybe if others join in, we can find a common thread. 

We will continue to investigate as more information comes up.

Please provide as much info on each attempt as possible. We are even tossing around an idea that perhaps the game is looking to the wrong profile when checking to see if you have already found Wes. 

So, if you could provide info such as the save slot you are on, the worlds that you get and in what order as well as any other circumstances that may have occurred that we can't predict. Such as odd bugs you may have previously encountered or exploits used while playing. 

Once we can confirm and track it down, we can fix it. 

Well, I´m desperatelly trying to find Wes on console version, but no succes.

I´ve searched exactly 277 worlds, and my girlfriend searched exactly 109 worlds.

I´m using saving slot 3, slot 2 is empty and slot 1 has a save with Wilson on very begining of sandbox mode.

The character is the Robot (WX whatever his name is) and we play untill the end of world 4. Then we suicide and enter Maxwell´s door again. 

Also in this save slot I´ve died a couple of times in world 1 and 2, so it´s not like I´ve started the game and never died through the search for Wes.

Well, it´s 386 maps complete.

If you guys can help, I´ll be forever grateful.

Hi, i've been searching for wes for a complete week, what i did was playing the chapter 1 over & over again (discover the entire map & suicide if no wes)

I did that like 60 times.

Then i saw this thread & did like JoeW said by going on until chapter 3 & got it first try so i thought i would register & tell you if that help someone else.

I'm playing on ps4, with maxwell & the maps i've had were :

1- The Game is Afoot

2- King of winter

3- A Cold Reception

Hi, i've been searching for wes for a complete week, what i did was playing the chapter 1 over & over again (discover the entire map & suicide if no wes)

I did that like 60 times.

Then i saw this thread & did like JoeW said by going on until chapter 3 & got it first try so i thought i would register & tell you if that help someone else.

I'm playing on ps4, with maxwell & the maps i've had were :

1- The Game is Afoot

2- King of winter

3- A Cold Reception

If you could, give more info on what save slot/character/etc you were using. Klei is looking for patterns on what might not cause him to spawn and more info is always better.

I only used the first save slot since the beginning, the char was maxwell.

I found wes on chapter 3 - A cold reception on my first first attempt after i 've read this thread.

Before that i only went maybe twice to chapter 3 without looking for him  the first time (just trying to get maxwell).

The 2nd time i was looking for him but ended up with archipelago as the third map & didnt find him.

Guys just delete your dont starve data from your system storage and go into adventure mode with wilson and you should get Wes in world 3. I think you have like a 50/50 chance of finding him that way. This is also working for other people but no one is listening to me on this. Backup your game on the cloud if you are worried about losing all the characters.

We got it. 

So, the game checks your save to see if Wes should spawn for you. The criteria here is that you have progressed to world 3 and that you have not previously unlocked Wes. This is working as it should. (a separate bug was causing him to also spawn on world 1 and 2)

However, the game was only checking the save in save slot 1, which if you had not progressed to world 3 on that save, Wes can not spawn. So, that has been fixed and will be in the next patch. 

So, as a temporary workaround, all you have to do is get to world 3 on save slot 1.

Woo, this was a tough one. Thanks to everybody who stuck with us trying to get this issue nailed down. We sincerely apologize for the frustration that this issue has caused; but thanks to everybody getting together to hammer this one out!

Guys just delete your dont starve data from your system storage and go into adventure mode with wilson and you should get Wes in world 3. I think you have like a 50/50 chance of finding him that way. This is also working for other people but no one is listening to me on this. Backup your game on the cloud if you are worried about losing all the characters.

R4p1dSh0t360, I did that last night after reading your advice. World 1 was Archipelago, world 2 was The Game is Afoot (cleared it, wasn't there), and world 3 is Two Worlds. I stopped at the beginning of Two Worlds, assuming that I can't find him in said world. Should I go onto world 4 and see if he would spawn in one of the levels that SHOULD be level 3? I started a new file in slot 2 to try again; would it be better to just erase my file and see if I don't get Two Worlds again?

We got it. 

So, the game checks your save to see if Wes should spawn for you. The criteria here is that you have progressed to world 3 and that you have not previously unlocked Wes. This is working as it should. (a separate bug was causing him to also spawn on world 1 and 2)

However, the game was only checking the save in save slot 1, which if you had not progressed to world 3 on that save, Wes can not spawn. So, that has been fixed and will be in the next patch. 

So, as a temporary workaround, all you have to do is get to world 3 on save slot 1.

Woo, this was a tough one. Thanks to everybody who stuck with us trying to get this issue nailed down. We sincerely apologize for the frustration that this issue has caused; but thanks to everybody getting together to hammer this one out!

Sorry for the double post, but your post must have appeared while I was typing mine. Anyway, I just started a file in save slot 1 and got Two Worlds for world 3. If I continue to world 4 (which cannot be Archipelago as that was world 1), will I be likely to find him?

Sorry for the double post, but your post must have appeared while I was typing mine. Anyway, I just started a file in save slot 1 and got Two Worlds for world 3. If I continue to world 4 (which cannot be Archipelago as that was world 1), will I be likely to find him?

No, he will only appear in world 3. There is a bug that makes it so that you MIGHT find him in 1 or 2. But he should ALWAYS be in world 3, unless you get Archipelago or Two worlds. 

After the patch, those issues will be fixed as well. He will no longer spawn on world 1 or 2 and will also spawn on Archipelago as he should. 

Well thats awesome to hear now I know why I went like 300 attempts without finding him since i was in save slot 4. Atleast now after the patch this Wes guy wont be such a pain in the butt for the rest of the people.

I´ve got pretty close to you regarding the attempts too...

But I was using the slot 3.

Seriously, is nobody reading anything but the FALSE claim that there's a 1% spawn chance?

Well since that's what it says in just about every WIKI or guide that I'v looked at then that is a pretty good enogh reason to believe that it's true, and concidering I have tried to find wes well over 100 times without a sniff of him I am starting to think that WHATEVER the % is it's a low one, Besides, what is your point of your comment exactly?

Well since that's what it says in just about every WIKI or guide that I'v looked at then that is a pretty good enogh reason to believe that it's true, and concidering I have tried to find wes well over 100 times without a sniff of him I am starting to think that WHATEVER the % is it's a low one, Besides, what is your point of your comment exactly?

Wiki's aren't word of god.  The point of my comment was to highlight that the 1% chance was wrong.  Even with actual "word of god" now, people are still claiming it to be true in the same thread that contains the word of god.  That's mind boggling.  So anytime I see someone state the 1% as fact I'll point out that it is incorrect.  You may have gotten upset because of the manner in which I pointed it out, but that does not make the post pointless.  Next time read the thread and get the info if you don't want to encounter something like that.

I am inclined to not help you because you're only trophy hunting and I find that to be obnoxious.

However, I will anyway, because I have pizza and am in a good mood.

Wes can appear in A Cold Reception, Archipelago, The Game is Afoot, and The King of Winter regardless of which number world it is.

There never seems to be nasty comments from gamers who like to collect trophies aimed at those who arn't trophy hunters.

You should live and let live, I don't find it obnoxious that you don't collect trophies, but even if I did this is a gamers forum, why the need to make nasty comments?

No, he will only appear in world 3. There is a bug that makes it so that you MIGHT find him in 1 or 2. But he should ALWAYS be in world 3, unless you get Archipelago or Two worlds. 

After the patch, those issues will be fixed as well. He will no longer spawn on world 1 or 2 and will also spawn on Archipelago as he should. 

After several runs through Adventure Mode today, Two Worlds has been world 3 every time (4-5, lost count). I think you may have been right about a possible bug making the frequency of the two bugged levels for world 3 higher. Will he still appear with high frequency in world 3 after the patch, or will it be reduced?

Wiki's aren't word of god. The point of my comment was to highlight that the 1% chance was wrong. Even with actual "word of god" now, people are still claiming it to be true in the same thread that contains the word of god. That's mind boggling. So anytime I see someone state the 1% as fact I'll point out that it is incorrect. You may have gotten upset because of the manner in which I pointed it out, but that does not make the post pointless. Next time read the thread and get the info if you don't want to encounter something like that.

Kind of hypocritical don't you think, all the **** you gave me, but the problem is being fixed now. You mite not have like the manner in which I went about it, but it work. I'll accept you apologize in advance and thank you.

Kind of hypocritical don't you think, all the **** you gave me, but the problem is being fixed now. You mite not have like the manner in which I went about it, but it work. I'll accept you apologize advance and thank you.

Not hypocritical at all, considering I only gave you **** when you suggested the devs should have known because of things posted on ps3trophies.com.  And the problem would still be fixed even if you had never visited here.  Despite what you think these devs are great about listening to the players regardless of their level of ass-hattery.

Archived