Accidentally killed all beefalo in my world - will new ones spawn?

Hi there! I'm currently playing my forever-winter map. Beefalo proved to be a very useful resource. Unfortunately, after discovering the whole map, I realized there only existed three beefalos in my world. During mating season, they attacked a flock of pengulls, and all of the beefalo died. My question is, will new ones spawn in their "home" area after a while? I searched the wiki and the forums, but I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere...

Yeah, I explored absolutely everything. There are barely any savannah biomes on my map. Most of them are small patches, and only one is large. I've checked it thoroughly, and these were the only beefalos I found. It's strange, because there are usually several flocks of beefalo, and they are usually more than three. Darn pengull mafia. I'll keep repairing my winter vest and beefalo hat and I won't let this kill me, but I'll sure miss the beefalo herd's smelly manure and warm, fuzzy wool.

Yeah, I explored absolutely everything. There are barely any savannah biomes on my map. Most of them are small patches, and only one is large. I've checked it thoroughly, and these were the only beefalos I found. It's strange, because there are usually several flocks of beefalo, and they are usually more than three. Darn pengull mafia. I'll keep repairing my winter vest and beefalo hat and I won't let this kill me, but I'll sure miss the beefalo herd's smelly manure and warm, fuzzy wool.

Beefalo can rarely spawn outside of savannah area so check EVERYTHING to be positive they're gone.

You people are really helpful. I'll take another trip around the map, then I'll go ahead and jump to another world. I have already located the portal and the things, so it shouldn't be a problem. :) I hope my magnificent beard survives the journey. Beefalo, here I come!

You people are really helpful. I'll take another trip around the map, then I'll go ahead and jump to another world. I have already located the portal and the things, so it shouldn't be a problem. :-) I hope my magnificent beard survives the journey. Beefalo, here I come!

Gee I'd hate to be a beefalo right about now. Someone would go through rifts in times and dimensions, practically fighting all odds in order to decimate my species.

No, no, you've got it all wrong. I will be their lady in shining armour. I will travel the dimensions to rescue beefalo from the pengulls' wrath. I will build them a pengull-proof fortress and harvest their poo as thanks. The flies will dance in celebration of my heroic deeds! Come to think of it, this isn't the first time pengulls beat up and eat my beefalos. I'll eat their egg-babies as revenge... :happypigs:

I have two large herds up north...

There was a good-sized forest herd cornered by a lureplant...

Thus I bestowed upon my self the name of "TooMuchHoneyHam."

SO MUCH BLOOD AND WOOL

ALSO POOP

Archived