Balancing Starting Map

Hello Team Klei,

I played game from long time.I follow all the new things which came to the game but there is major issue with resent updates.When you add new things to the game more option more interactions they suggest for longer time you will play the game, you will need more time to go from point A to point B in the game you will need to balance btw number of dupes or the resource management but still with every new update we don't get any balancing on starting map or the generation of one.You still keep getting same map with same volume of resources and yet you need 50-60 more cycles to get to the point you will have all systems setup to get oxygen you need to get food you need to get your dupes happy and yet now with expression upgrade things will get even worst.We really need to get more Dirt or algae to keep our dupes alive till we got to bottom or top of the map to make suits we need to get in other parts of the map.I have more of my colony's to 200-300-400 cycles.The thing i suggest is we got balance of volume of resource we have at starting area you can't expect you can keep with same resources we had when the game,didn't had germs,didn't had cosmic upgrade,didn't had automation was more simple then was OK to have this amount of resources but now ..... us just not enough .I don't care how much people will tell that you need to micro manage i play the game long enough (and not only this game as management game) .You just can't expect to increase number of one part of the game and that this will not reflect on other parts.This is why the games add new things to research trees and then have 2-3 updates of balancing overall game-play. 

Best Regards,

Truly fan of the game and what Klei accomplish

I do agree it takes longer than it used to for a bunch of things, but i still tend to stop using algae by about cycle 30-50 at most.

Some resources definently do need some tweaking, Water can be a hit or miss and considering how you need to try and keep dupes happy etc I feel that you need to satisfy their needs more than ever. Trying to do this can be difficult unless you have a set idea of what you wanna do each time.

it is not if you stop using algae i give it as example, the start area do need to be reworked and instead of adding new map to custom mode you can balance the map . I can tell you for sure the overall use volume of resources didn't change for so long that is just funny you add clues and stuff but they still don't give us option to remove "brainwasher"(as i call it) or destroy any random table in the mid of biome.You need to enter in debug mode to remove any building you don't live and just click destroy. Also i don't say you can't end up with colony of 400-500 cycles but it narrow your options you need to build specific things every cycle you need to limit to specific dupes and manage grow.I just thinks that game remove the freedom players get to experience big colony or clear 80% of the map with one game.For new player he is there to enjoy maybe 3 -4 days 1 weeks game why he need to limit himself to same build same plan in the game with every new colony why you need to use cheat engine to boost speed of the game or just use debug menu every time you take different road at your colony or go with 30 or 40 dupes and you just keep spam resources.

In general, I would like more variety/randomness in the surrounding areas (less balanced, unlike the current 2 swamp, 2 caustic), to allow you to adapt and alter your "early game build". Bring back the ice!

If they(we) are going to make a proper generator....

How about changing the width and type distribution of the biome ring? Or the ability too(to or too?) enlarge the biome itself an extra 5-10 tiles in diameter...? or even double it...;)!

I'd like to be able to make it(the biome ring) wider by like 10, or for those braver of hearts width of 1-2.

The types of material it consists of.

How far either zone impedes the other. 0-100 absolutely no infringement- too deep infringement.( I hate seeing slime in my biome)

How about overall temp? Distribution? Avg Mean. Largest variance,etc..

How about being able to dictate the density of the resources that you have available? In the editor pretty much anything in the starting biome is half of it's possible density. I've gone through and manually filled maxing the density of my biome. Why not give me the option?

Want double the flora and fauna? fine. Want none? great. Double the water? Half? go for it...

Want all co2? get some...

I could go on and on and on and on.

Crystalline zones, more temperate zones(like the home biome, but sprinkled into the map), the number and size of caverns in the home biome,  etc. etc

Archived