High tier research station

Do you think there should be a 3rd their of research added. Currently it`s really easy to do all the research using just water and dirt from the starting area. It doesn`t feel right. More technology advancement should require exploring the world. I think there should be a station requiring crude oil as "fuel" that would unlock technology at the "plastic tier" (the tier where you get mini pumps). The station would require a dupe to be a scientist (lvl 2 - the one that has currently no perks). It would give you an incentive to start moving out earlier so you can unlock the cool stuff and not when you got all unlocked and start thinking how to use it.

I like the idea of cloud computing. I could see the duplicants sitting in a puff of clouds as lights flicker across a panel.

Maybe an artificial intelligence station that has a mechical looking brain with lights and gizmos on it. There’d Have to be a bunch of fiber optic cables coming out the bottom of it that light up as it is being used. This one seems more applicable to a ‘plastic tier’.

3 hours ago, vovik said:

How about making some research to recharge POI brains?

I`d prefer artifacts you can dig up that can recharge them. After some high tier research ofc.

8 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

Maybe an artificial intelligence station that has a mechical looking brain with lights and gizmos on it

Yea that sounds cool, a metal brain powered with oil or floating in an oil tank. It would look both high tier, scrappy and ridiculous. Perfect.

Archived