No silver linings achievement guide - step by step

Sunsoft

I wrote a steam guide how to win the game without offering any silver plated meals. It might help you greatly if you're struggling with coming up which foods should have been cooked. Financial situation isn't problem here, these dishes earn a lot of coins, so you'll be able to buy cooking parts from locked cases and save salt for the food.

Im sorry to tell you that you guide its a little wrong, u dont make cheese u cnt afford that because you will use the milk for the 3 favor desserts.

The way to complete this is to:

1st dessert open gate

2nd dessert get red coin

3 4 and 5 dessert all gnaw's favor to win. 

Im really tempted to make a guide on my own that actually make ppl complete it at first try because if you use the milk you would have to give another dessert with syroup to earn another red coin for more milk so you end up with a lot of wasted time.

20 hours ago, Soulk said:

Im sorry to tell you that you guide its a little wrong, u dont make cheese u cnt afford that because you will use the milk for the 3 favor desserts.

The way to complete this is to:

1st dessert open gate

2nd dessert get red coin

3 4 and 5 dessert all gnaw's favor to win. 

Im really tempted to make a guide on my own that actually make ppl complete it at first try because if you use the milk you would have to give another dessert with syroup to earn another red coin for more milk so you end up with a lot of wasted time.

Sorry, but you're the one here who is wrong. You'll get 3 milk for single Red mark. That means you can use one or two milk for the Dessert and use the last one to make some dish that will earn you another Red mark, so that the cycle of affording milk goes on. What are you saying doesn't make sense, as you cannot make all 3 desserts with single pack of 3 milks, considering how quickly milk spoils. You can give it a try to see yourself, but I can already say you will simply fail.

21 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I recommend you switch stone soup start to oven/croquette. The one cent loss gives a lot more flexibility. I’ve seen a lot of runs lost to mishandling the turn 2 bread while getting salt.

Croquettes are not worth it as first dish due to flour and potato requirement, which means you'll have to wait for Woodie to rush bucket of poop and pick potato from pig village. Stone soup is the fastest and most profitable dish you can do right at the start, and you can buy oven for second dish given how many coins you will have.

Sure, having bread as second dish is annoying, but it is not run doomer. I tell farmer to buy 4 packets of wheat right at the start, and since you have enough signs and logs at the start of the game to make large fire, Woodie's first job is to rush bucket of poop and 2 rot from pig garden, enough to grow 6 wheat - one bread (8 wheat if you collect all manure as well). Yes, bread as second dish means you can build salt rack after third dish, but that isn't problem, as you need to get only one key before 8th dish. Since 7th food (pasta) can be done on cookpot/oven all the same, it doesn't matter if you have large casserole or large cookpot. My list consists of most profitable dishes, so you will have enough money to buy all important cooking parts just when you'll need them. This means you can keep another salt for prolonging gnaw's patience.

4 hours ago, Sunsoft said:

Sorry, but you're the one here who is wrong. You'll get 3 milk for single Red mark. That means you can use one or two milk for the Dessert and use the last one to make some dish that will earn you another Red mark, so that the cycle of affording milk goes on. What are you saying doesn't make sense, as you cannot make all 3 desserts with single pack of 3 milks, considering how quickly milk spoils. You can give it a try to see yourself, but I can already say you will simply fail.

Well my friend, i've done this achievement to help people around 10 times by now, when i get the first red coin i buy 3 milk and make the 3 favor dessert deliver one and save the other 2 when they go yellow i just salt them and they go green again, rinse and repeat so you just cycle meals with fast making foods as you will have too much salt to use you just keep the dessert green adding all the salt you want. :D

I thought you cannot salt the ingredients, but oh well, if you can, then yes, this is the way to win the game as well.

I preffer doing it my way, because some ingredients are faster and easier to make with two milk or large meats in it, than getting other ingredients.

9 minutes ago, Sunsoft said:

I thought you cannot salt the ingredients, but oh well, if you can, then yes, this is the way to win the game as well.

I preffer doing it my way, because some ingredients are faster and easier to make with two milk or large meats in it, than getting other ingredients.

not the ingredients, the cooked meal :D

3 hours ago, AggresiveWES said:

Sunsoft u gotta admit when u re wrong mate :)  especially if u start off by being arrogant.

Soulk starts off by saying my guide is wrong because I did the other possible way, I told him he is wrong because I didn't comprehend his strategy of oversalting the same two dishes (still don't understand what is the point, when you can just make fresh one by the time gnaw demands it). And unlike my strategy enlisted in the guide all along, he hasn't started with explaining how he meant it, yet i'm the arrogant one here. Your logic is just laughable.

I don't have to admit that i'm wrong, because i'm not.

3 hours ago, AggresiveWES said:

Soulk's way is better and more effective way :)

This is just absurd load of nonsense what you have written. First it cannot be more effective considering both ways leads to the same plateless victory, and yes, keep telling me that it is "better and more effective way" to run to Billy to buy morsels than killing beefalos located literally next to your cookpot when it comes to meat or bread, that it is better to get another morsel for pasta when you can make fetuccini with the milk you can get once again few steps from cookpots, that it is better when you don't make caramel cube which once again needs ingredients you'll have next to your cookpot at the time and is cheapest to make, that it is better to keep harvesting several salts when your teammate can help in the farm instead. I don't even understand what do you do when gnaw desires cheese, but I guess I'll rather not ask, because that means i'll be wrong or arrogant.

So yes, even if you stockpiled live animals and all the ingredients in fridge, your strategy can maximally be on par with mine, but not better. Your comment is only lame attempt to make me look incompetent, and it failed.

If i'm correct, getting only 3 milk means you cannot make cheese dish, which means you'll have to skip it. That means newbies cannot get achievement for no failed cravings, and some bonus xp.

Alright, it would be best to put this behind us and move on. I believe everything is settled now.

Archived