Generic Alarm Building

The idea is to add a building that would have a single automation input and would have a setting allowing the player to choose the kind of alarm it would be raising - White, Yelllow, Red. Or perhaps Notice, Warning, Alarm. Notice and Warning would have no sound, Alarm would come with one of alarm sounds.

When the automation would activate the building, a corresponding alarm would appear in the notice area, simple "Automation Notice", "Automation Warning" or "Automation Alarm" just like usual notifications appear (inaccessible food/insufficient oxygen production/suffocating). Clicking on it would bring focus on the building that is causing the alarm.

The idea is that there are designs where watching the process can be automated but complete control can't. When the parameters get out of hand, this would allow to 'call the player' to take care of the problem that occurred.

18 hours ago, Kasuha said:

The idea is to add a building that would have a single automation input and would have a setting allowing the player to choose the kind of alarm it would be raising - White, Yelllow, Red. Or perhaps Notice, Warning, Alarm. Notice and Warning would have no sound, Alarm would come with one of alarm sounds.

When the automation would activate the building, a corresponding alarm would appear in the notice area, simple "Automation Notice", "Automation Warning" or "Automation Alarm" just like usual notifications appear (inaccessible food/insufficient oxygen production/suffocating). Clicking on it would bring focus on the building that is causing the alarm.

The idea is that there are designs where watching the process can be automated but complete control can't. When the parameters get out of hand, this would allow to 'call the player' to take care of the problem that occurred.

I'd like a custom yellow alert for sure, but multiple colors would definitely allow for a lot of options.

Would basically have check boxes that you could select based on what you want to do. So if I wanted dupes to keep working but not ignore bathroom and food breaks I could uncheck that. If I wanted them alarm to mean everyone builds then I could uncheck all other jobs. I could even have an alarm where everyone stops working and takes a break, only allowing recreation food and bathroom.

Good idea, all it needs to put it over the top is some kind of clever representation in game, aka what dose the item itself that that automation wire plug into look like.  And I have the perfect thing, an asset already in the game.

The computer desk found in ruins!  They would be made from Copper and Plastic (and can now be disassembled) and you can on them to open a menu into which you can type the message which will appear on screen.

I posted that idea here as well:

As for what the thing would look like, I was thinking something like an old fashioned fire bell. But definitely like the idea of having a dialog box that you can type in what message you want to appear, like "Water tank #3 too low".

Archived