Occupational preview feedback - 253205

What I like:

Sense of scale - The dupes move slower and that makes the map seem so much bigger.
Incitament to build - Conveyors and tube transport are so much more valuable.
Low quality food gives stress

I like that dupes can be assigned a job they will prefer over other things. Like farmers, builders, deliverers. Much better than this dupe can only dig.

---- Now the hmm stuff

But when you need a mechatronics engineer... The game becomes a waiting game... I mean like just waiting for the guy to get mastery.... Is sooo game stop playing.. *yawn.

Research is like waiting waiting... not really much else there. I mean make an artifact that you have to dig out of a slime burrow in order to get steam.

Let another be in a cold biome burrow that you need to get exosuit so you can enter the slime burrow without getting seriously ill.

So that you have to dig out and explore in order to get your research. Might be cumbersome...

Right now its like stabilize your colony with 5-10 dupes. Hit research all and wait. When your waiting is over then you can start to play the game again.... Not fun.

Thats my two cents on this update... And ooh yeah the GUI is horrible. Hard to click lists. Just limit the dupe list on jobs to only dupes proficient. Small things missing. Double slide bars horrizontal and vertical nightmare...
Arrrgh it updated again so have to scroll all the way back... Dejavu happening again and again arrrgh...
The new rooms are nice... And still waiting for the implementation of the steam generator and have the last...
where did my heat go bugs...
Everything suddenly dropped 25 degrees ecause I scrolled to the other side of the map or what is going on... Did I say waiting game when the temp only rises 0.1 degree every 3 seconds from two Aquatuners.

Did you sense my frustration :D

Job li.sav

UPDATE 25306 - Steam generator is now working properly :). Job view hugely improved :D.

UPDATE 253205 - Miners will mine very hard again

@Mjello Could you copy and paste this message into this thread? I want to get all the complaints etc on one megathread if possible so that the devs can have all the opinions and information in one place, You dont have to but it would be nice! Also like it so we can get it on fire!

Lot of improvements in the latest update... Noticed something odd. Some of the dupes will carry things but only pick up 1 kg. Maybe they should pick up nothing at all or be able to carry just a bit more.

One potential flaw in the steamgenerator design is that no energy seem to be removed from the steam???
If that is true then we can stack them for unlimited power from just 3 kg. of steam pr. second. I think that is what is transported through the  generator at the moment.

Job li 2.sav

Archived