Add unlockables

As the title says add unlockables to the game , like with adventure mode in DS - you had to complete adventure mode to get Maxwell and Wes . It will give the player a clear goal .
For example begin able to unlock a character or even a skin . if you beat the Ancient Fuelweaver without useing the console (disable the unlockables if the console is used in the server) .

Another suggestion I have is add a story progression , for example - you kill the Ancient Fuelweaver and put the key in the portal = the portal works non-stop and new monsters and resources start to appear in the world (cave/surface) even transform some biomes to others , this will give a clear goal to the player and will filter out the new/inexperienced players because they won't be able to kill the Ancient Fuelweaver .

After having said that I have to make it clear that I don't know if it is even possible for DST engine to do this ... but it's a good idea on how to add new content and give the player a goal while keeping the sandbox feel to it .

On 03/01/2018 at 4:45 AM, 1v0 said:

After having said that I have to make it clear that I don't know if it is even possible for DST engine to do this

A game's engine won't have any effect on changes like these (unlockables, more entities appearing after X event is completed)
DS and DST also use the same engine, the difference being that some of DST's code has been changed to allow certain features to be implemented.

The only reason unlockable characters were not implemented was because it'd be pretty annoying to have that one d*ck of a person you call a friend to be like:
"lol i have this character and you dont lolololol"

Skins one seems good though, good job

Archived