Character Illness

Feeling somewhat under the weather myself, I was thinking that maybe adding a character illness feature might make the game a bit more challenging. Illness / sickness can be acquired randomly (probably after surviving for at least x amount of days - or for certain encounters - such as digging graves or spending too much time in swamps (with merms).

The sickness can be a basic modifier that periodically damages the player - for instance causing 10 dmg / day, or some other form of hindrance - such as impaired movement speed. It has to be something that is subtle enough so as not to take top priority, but annoying enough to get players to deal with.

In the case of receiving periodical damage, the player can ignore for a while and simply heal themselves through food or such (10 damage takes a while to kill off someone), but can be annoying and request attention. Now to heal from this affliction, you can for instance, either link one specific food from the crockpot or introduce a new item specifically to cure. This of course can evolve to having it's own medication tab, with medicines for the various ailments that can be developed, but that's probably too far.

hey maybe there could be multiple illnesses that each have a side effect of there own and a cure of there own.

1st idea. survivor sickness- has a 5% chance daily to catch it. causes 10% less movement speed and walks with a limp. cured with berrie syrup made in the medication tab. needs 2 berries and 1 gold.

2nd idea. bog fever- every minute in the bog cause a 10% chance to chath this illness.  every minute the character vomits and losses 10 health and 10 hunger. vomit.gif

the cure is to wait 2 days for a total of 180 health and hunger lost. also while you have it you can not sleep. plus you can't eat monster meat because you will restart the timer!!!

about the idea about the medication tab I think all healing items in survival tab could move here 

this is a really good idea. I would link beefalo to a disease I like to call "cowfewer" named after mad cow disease. every 5 minutes riding beefalo you have a 10% chance to catch. the player will fall into a coughing fit, covering the player in ewecus mucus if in RoG. this is a warning signal to cure the disease before it gets worse. the cure will be made from 5 beefalo wool, a rot booster, (20 berries if in DS) and 2 healing salve. I know it's expensive, but with this disease, the longer you have it, the more you wish you cured it. at random every 1-3 days the player will vomit, losing 15 hunger, 10 health, and 20 sanity, and displaying a quote about how they wish to ride their beefalo. DO NOT RIDE A BEEFALO. this will make the player vomit again and say "wrong choice!" on the 10th day, sanity will be dropped by 20 every minute spent near beefalo, and will vomit. on the 15th day, the player will naturally rid itself of the disease, but with a coughing fit. :wilson_ill:

On 11/26/2017 at 10:22 PM, that guy 66y said:

1st idea. survivor sickness- has a 5% chance daily to catch it. causes 10% less movement speed and walks with a limp. cured with berrie syrup made in the medication tab. needs 2 berries and 1 gold.

I think thats kinda cheap, I would pump it to 2-3 gold and 10 berries. berries arent that hard to get and if this is an older player they're gonna have a scaled chest full of gold..

Archived