Has anyone edit save ?

I'm trying to change dupe stat with save edit but I'm not good at saved file at Hex formatted

It so hard to figured out where is dupe stat stored

(If any veteran have done it pls tell me)

image.thumb.png.a7a1382c2990ad13750820e56d968959.png

So I retreat and will try cheat engine method hahaha

30 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Is it as simple as uncompressing? Or did they added a passphrase?

It's just zlib. Could probably write a python script to handle it.

The hard part is finding the starting point of the compressed data. Would have to walk through the entire first half of the file.

By the way, I'll decompress a save if you truly want to explore it. Be warned that there are plenty of points that need lengths updated if you add bytes.

On 8/1/2017 at 0:31 PM, Risu said:

It's just zlib. Could probably write a python script to handle it.

The hard part is finding the starting point of the compressed data. Would have to walk through the entire first half of the file.

By the way, I'll decompress a save if you truly want to explore it. Be warned that there are plenty of points that need lengths updated if you add bytes.

I'd even say that it's easier to read and rewrite whole save file than to update all offsets if you add/remove bytes. If you want to change a value (constant byte length), that's another story and can probably be achieved without rewriting

24 minutes ago, noisycat said:

I'd even say that it's easier to read and rewrite whole save file than to update all offsets if you add/remove bytes. If you want to change a value (constant byte length), that's another story and can probably be achieved without rewriting

There are no offsets. Everything is handled linearly. If you add or remove any bytes then you have to ensure the save loader can reach the next entry.

Well, technically the state machine serialization uses offsets but that isn't part of the save structure.
That is just a blob of data to be handled individually.

1 hour ago, Risu said:

There are no offsets. Everything is handled linearly. If you add or remove any bytes then you have to ensure the save loader can reach the next entry.

Well, technically the state machine serialization uses offsets but that isn't part of the save structure.
That is just a blob of data to be handled individually.

If that's the case then I shall apologize, I've only looked at headers and saw that they indeed use offsets. What I meant was that it's extremely easy to miss just one spot and corrupt the save that way. It's really hard to find the cause when this happens, and debugging that is hell. That's why I would probably go with full serialization/deserialization using original oni assembly (why not?) controlled by my code.

9 minutes ago, noisycat said:

If that's the case then I shall apologize, I've only looked at headers and saw that they indeed use offsets. What I meant was that it's extremely easy to miss just one spot and corrupt the save that way. It's really hard to find the cause when this happens, and debugging that is hell. That's why I would probably go with full serialization/deserialization using original oni assembly (why not?) controlled by my code.

The save file actually has all you need to write your own deserialization program.
It's only lacking data on state machine parameters which you have to manually check.

temp.thumb.png.f7edca5752b6314d57c348dadbda54f1.png

2 minutes ago, Risu said:

The save file actually has all you need to write your own deserialization program.
It's only lacking data on state machine parameters which you have to manually check.

temp.thumb.png.f7edca5752b6314d57c348dadbda54f1.png

You mean they are storing all the structure descriptions in the file? Sounds good for backward-compatibility XD Btw, is that your app you got there?

3 minutes ago, noisycat said:

You mean they are storing all the structure descriptions in the file? Sounds good for backward-compatibility XD Btw, is that your app you got there?

010 Editor template I wrote. Very good program.

Archived