Remove Max temperature limit on heaters Please :-D

Hi I am trying to make steam.

Right now I am blocked by a temp limiter in the heater and tempidizer. It artificially limits them at 75 and 85 degrees. Like Whaat ???? Its a heater

Any chance you would be so kind as to remove this limit so I can make steam ?

Or is that something that will only be possible in a future update.

I love the solid - gas - liquid simulation thing.

I hope you come up with more game elements leveraging this. Like metal refining and stuff like that.

5 hours ago, Mjello said:

Its a heater

Exactly, it's a heater, not a boiler.

The 75 degree limit is coming from the material. Make it from gold amalgam, it will be able to withstand 125 C. The 85 C limit is arbitrary and I believe it is intentionally set so we can't use it for boiling. There are clever ways to make them boil water anyway - just keep the heater cold, put it in low amount of warm water, turn it on and the water will turn to steam.

I believe we will get water boilers eventually as standalone buildings.

Space heaters stop heating when the gas around it reaches 75 degrees. The heater's temperature is irrelevant to its stopping due to max temperature being reached. This is a crucial point in the chlorine + space heater steam design because chlorine is slow to heat so the heater keeps going and going until it overheats.

The liquid tepidizer is similar in that it heats liquids until the liquids themselves are 85 degrees.

Thankyou for your input and good answers :).
I realise the intentions of the design. I think they designed it before there was temperature regulators.

But with temp regulators its just so silly :). They should just let it break if the temperature rises above the material limit.

It is all in the future I guess.
When they make metal ore and alloy processing and all that.
Really looking forward to it.

An idea just popped into my head. Could be really cool with a tile build heater system. As in build a room. Fill it with some coal. Light it on fire.(Not possible at the moment).

Add an air vent to pump in oxygen. Somehow feed in new coal. (Not possible at the moment).
Then have water on the roof on that room to heat the water and boil it.
The steam goes into a turbine and generates power. Ends up in a condenser room (Could be build with water pipe cooling).
The pressure difference between the two rooms determine how much power the turbine generate.

If they made ore processing that way it would be awesome. But I so like their fancy animated machines as well :). A combination would be awesome.

If you're determined, you can still make steam in the current version of the game by tricking the Tepidizer. (Or that chlorine heater thing people keep posting about, if you don't mind it being much slower and less efficient)

You can either trick it by contact with a cool liquid below 85 C under one of its tiles and drip your water onto it, (this method can generate a lot of excess heat that can even melt the tepidizer or other nearby machines if you use liquid CO2) or you can drip small amounts onto it with a valve and trick it into making steam using a hydro switch. (It will turn on and not care about the temperature until after it has run for a bit)

You could look at some designs using the latter method in this thread:

Thx for the info Sevio. But I am not really interested in making intricate designs based on game bugs.

Until the game developers add a boiler or some other way to create steam I'll wait patiently for some properly implemented methods with purpose for steam making. It is a cool thing that it is possible though.

Also I would like bubbling like a kettle nearing a boil in hot water effect. A little steam generation like polluted oxygen is generated at the moment when water is nearing a boil. Lots of programming ;).

And at the moment I don't even think thermal convection is a thing in the game engine. Hot air does not rise. And cold air does not fall. Would be cool to have that too also.

I hope they make some special refrigeration gas and specific materials for thermal transfer and high strength alloys.

And I see a lot of potential for herbal medicine and new plants in the disease update.

I like their focus on making everything have a purpose. And I heard of a smelter in the update.. Maybe the next update will let us make steel and alloys and stuff. But each material should have a purpose so I guess it will have to wait for enough diverse game content to require it.

6 hours ago, Mjello said:

I meant the update after the Outbreak update :)

I suspected that was what you meant, but it didn't seem clear to me by what you wrote. It felt a shame to not say something and people get disappointed when their expectations weren't met.

While I'm pretty confident they'll have something for refining materials in a future update, I've also not heard of anything with regards to plans post Outbreak update. I think it is premature to speculate on what that update will contain.

Here is some Polluted Oxygen to Pure Oxygen processing facillities :D. Power cost is about 1 kw each.

These will do 300 g. liquid oxygen pr. second for the small one.

And 500 g. liquid oxygen pr. second for the big one :D.

20170730192140_1.jpg

20170731003927_1.jpg

7 hours ago, Whispershade said:

I suspected that was what you meant, but it didn't seem clear to me by what you wrote. It felt a shame to not say something and people get disappointed when their expectations weren't met.

While I'm pretty confident they'll have something for refining materials in a future update, I've also not heard of anything with regards to plans post Outbreak update. I think it is premature to speculate on what that update will contain.

Much appreciated :). I saw their video about the new update and heard a loose comment about someone sneeking a smelter in there. That is all. But it says nothing about what is coming. You are absolutely right about the rumour control thing. All in good time i guess. That is the downside of early access. But I am having tons of fun with the game as it is :). Hope you all are too.

Posted a liquid oxygen facility in my other thread. That deals with the polluted oxygen very efficiently. 800 g. combined liquid oxygen production

Now there is only the polluted water left to process hmm :).

Archived