Duplicate AI problem

I found the AI of duplicate is very weak. One duplicate dig, one transfer material, one build. Why this 3 step can be done by one? Another example is for cooker. One transfer chilly, one transfer wheat, one cook, but the container is very near. So can klei improve the AI of duplicate? Currently this AI is tooooooooooooooooo weak.

Think of the AI as a food delivery service, the tasks are the orders and dupes the delivery trucks. Orders are put into a queue and then the first available truck is given the job. That is what's going on, tasks are given to the first free dupe. This means that the task of digging is given to a dupe, he is seen as busy and then the task of delivery is given to another dupe and so on.

There is much room for improvement sure, but it is a major change so it is not something that is easy to be added. It is not a simple matter of saying a building dupe should also deliver the materials, there are so many different situations where that would be a bad thing. So a proper AI rework would require a ton of planning and testing. 

I have not seen anything to indicate if they are even considering it, would be nice if they are but development time would be very long to get right.

3 hours ago, AlexRou said:

I have not seen anything to indicate if they are even considering it, would be nice if they are but development time would be very long to get right.

Have you been watching the live streams every Thuusday?  I'm pretty sure they mentioned it being improved in the next major update in a couple different streams over the past few weeks.   It will get better. 

2 minutes ago, brummbar7 said:

Have you been watching the live streams every Thuusday?  I'm pretty sure they mentioned it being improved in the next major update in a couple different streams over the past few weeks.   It will get better. 

Nope sadly, haven't been able to. Nice to know they're working on it.

Archived