Creature Cataloging

I'm pretty sure we've all encountered a couple of creatures while playing this amazing game, but the wiki I found (yes, people have already started to make wikis about this game) didn't have a list of them, so I thought maybe we could create that list!

Here are the ones I've found (pardon the lack of image quality, I'm not good with screenshots):

20170216215935_1.jpg

20170216222103_1.jpg

20170217141853_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, HoovyEd said:

Do you reckon those are the only ones that exist? I mean, the Dev's confirmed in the stream that there is a surface of the asteroid, maybe there are intelligent beings there?

If that's true, I am yet to reach them. However, you're giving me a pretty neat idea for all of my idle dupes. Off to the surface I go; and I will be back to you guys on that eventually.

2 minutes ago, Czeraphine said:

If that's true, I am yet to reach them. However, you're giving me a pretty neat idea for all of my idle dupes. Off to the surface I go; and I will be back to you guys on that eventually.

Just rememeber that you might hit a toxic bubble or simple lack of oxygen, not to mention that a) don't know if they are yet to add a surface and b) if the surface has either 1- oxygen 2- unbreathable gases 3- vacuum and 0 gravity (rip dupes)

1 minute ago, HoovyEd said:

Just rememeber that you might hit a toxic bubble or simple lack of oxygen, not to mention that a) don't know if they are yet to add a surface and b) if the surface has either 1- oxygen 2- unbreathable gases 3- vacuum and 0 gravity (rip dupes)

No worries; at the moment.. toxicity doesn't seem to affect anything -very toxic or otherwise. Also, carbon dioxide emissions will be staved off with a few simple algae terrarium and a manual air lock.

Just now, terrachronos said:

The surface is a void, but you can't even get there since there is an indestructible material separating you from the exterior of the map.

Oh, that's probably temporary since I'm pretty sure I heard something about them adding a surface on the first stream. Sad to know it's not yet added, thanks for the explanation!

Just now, HoovyEd said:

I know this isn't the right topic for this, but would you mind explaining to me the best exact way to use the algae terrariums, pls? I just found myself running out of algae and oxygen...

Don't use Algae Terrarium as your source of oxygen. Pretty much all it is. Use them as a substitute to the air scrubber since they also remove carbon dioxide while preservering atmospheric pressure. If you want oxygen, use electrolyzers, which is pretty much the way to go at the moment. The setup i attached is pretty much optimal. The electrolyzers create hydrogen and oxygen. The hydrogen rises, the oxygen falls. The pump is there to convert the hydrogen into power by showing it into the hydrogen generator.

Untitled.png

Just now, Czeraphine said:

Don't use Algae Terrarium as your source of oxygen. Pretty much all it is. Use them as a substitute to the air scrubber since they also remove carbon dioxide while preservering atmospheric pressure. If you want oxygen, use electrolyzers, which is pretty much the way to go at the moment. The setup i attached is pretty much optimal. The electrolyzers create hydrogen and oxygen. The hydrogen rises, the oxygen falls. The pump is there to convert the hydrogen into power by showing it into the hydrogen generator.

Untitled.png

Thnx! I'm going to use that in my next playthrough!

Just now, DNsingbanana said:

What would be good for the wiki is to study their behavior. Never knew the hatch pooped coal :o

Well, here's what they do:

Hutch poops coal

Morb barfs contaminated oxygen

Puft poops slime

----

Hutch is useful for the coal generator. Morb is useful for passive oxygen generation via air filters. Puft is useful for algae generation through the biodistiller (very useful for keeping your algae terrarium in peak condition).

2 minutes ago, DNsingbanana said:

What would be good for the wiki is to study their behavior. Never knew the hatch pooped coal :o

Me neither, I pretty much just shooed them away by building tiles while they were inside the ground so they'd never come back.

Just now, Czeraphine said:

Well, here's what they do:

Hutch poops coal

Morb barfs contaminated oxygen

Puft poops slime

----

Hutch is useful for the coal generator. Morb is useful for passive oxygen generation via air filters. Puft is useful for algae generation through the biodistiller (very useful for keeping your algae terrarium in peak condition).

Somehow the devs are very fond of things that poop and barf. Also half of their first streams were about how duplicants can fart.

Just saying.

Thx for the infos ^^

Just now, DNsingbanana said:

Somehow the devs are very fond of things that poop and barf. Also half of their first streams were about how duplicants can fart.

Just saying.

Thx for the infos ^^

Klei Dev's when first making DS:

"ok, so waht shall be our way to grow and get food?"

"I mean, guess we could hunt and eat birds or rabbits, or even just berries and wild carrots or something..."

"Maybe we could make the players have some kind of farming system, that would be affected by season or weather!"

"wait, that means we need some fertilizer or water..."

"I KNOW!"

"what's your idea?"

"We make this mix of cow, buffalo and sasquatch..."

"and?"

"WE MAKE HIM POOP!"

"THAT'S PERFECT!"

When they were making ONI:

"Ok, what features should we add to our deupes necessities?"

"Food and oxygen, definetly"

"Maybe scenario or ambient so they wouldn't go insane"

"GUYS I KNOW!"

"What?"

"WE MAKE THEM POOP!"

"YEAH! And when we add aliens..."

"WE MAKE THEM POOP TOO!"

"GAME OF THE YEAR!"

1 minute ago, HoovyEd said:

Klei Dev's when first making DS:

"ok, so waht shall be our way to grow and get food?"

"I mean, guess we could hunt and eat birds or rabbits, or even just berries and wild carrots or something..."

"Maybe we could make the players have some kind of farming system, that would be affected by season or weather!"

"wait, that means we need some fertilizer or water..."

"I KNOW!"

"what's your idea?"

"We make this mix of cow, buffalo and sasquatch..."

"and?"

"WE MAKE HIM POOP!"

"THAT'S PERFECT!"

When they were making ONI:

"Ok, what features should we add to our deupes necessities?"

"Food and oxygen, definetly"

"Maybe scenario or ambient so they wouldn't go insane"

"GUYS I KNOW!"

"What?"

"WE MAKE THEM POOP!"

"YEAH! And when we add aliens..."

"WE MAKE THEM POOP TOO!"

"GAME OF THE YEAR!"

AND WHEN THEY ARE IDLE AND THEY FART, THEY SMILE A LITTLE BIT

4 hours ago, Czeraphine said:

Untitled.png

but how do you get the oxygen? when i used the electrolyzer it spammed my colony with hydrogen..

1 minute ago, Ades said:

but how do you get the oxygen? when i used the electrolyzer it spammed my colony with hydrogen..

my bad, when i posted the picture on paint, i guess i moved it down a bit since i copy and paste a print screen. Below the elctrolyzers is a floor of gas permeable tiles. Hydrogen rises, and the oxygen falls and permeates throughout your base (depending on location). 

Edit: To not get spammed by hydrogen, the pump and hydrogen generator are required. It pretty much just acts as a way to sift out the hydrogen. Additionally, you can attach an air filter to only let through the hydrogen gas and re-insert accidentally "inhaled" oxygen by the pump back into the system.

Archived