Bug Reports

So a list of things I've encountered so far.

Bugs reported elsewhere by others already that I've also encountered:

- Boomerangs just fly off if you don't catch them (They also seem to stay in the flying animation when placing them on the ground. Missed boomerangs tend to "come back" at seemingly random spots in the ocean)

- Tools (axes usually) don't always disappear at 0%. I've also had a CtD when I tried to drop a 0% axe once, not quite sure what was unusual about that circumstance that caused it to happen though

- Tools and things like torches that normally would equip the next available upon depletion do not do so when on a boat/raft.

- Maxwell's Shadow Clones can fail to disembark onto land and just stand around in the ocean, shadow creatures (land variant) can reappear on ocean tiles and get stuck as well

- Maxwell's Shadow Clones assisting with work while on boats can be rather finicky

- Walani's surfboard will continue to drop debris even if it is in your inventory while damaged

- Some kind of lighting bug when transitioning from boat to land (forgot the specifics for my encounter)

- The Night Light just flat out doesn't work right now. 

Unreported(?) bugs

- X Marks the spot spawns can sometimes show up in unreachable areas (such as in tidal pools)

- When switching directly to a fishing trawl while on a boat with a sail equipped (right click), if you don't manually unequip the sail, it tends to disappear after detaching the trawl. This has also happened when the sail was put in Packam Baggims

- You can sometimes get hit by a wave while in a boat before they're even visible if they spawn directly under you (Big waves only I think? Dunno why they're flagged to be able to hit you, unless this is a visual bug before they fully materialize)

- Maxwell Shadow Clone boats sometimes linger when the clone itself disappears at sea. You actually can jump on them too (via pressing spacebar near one) which will cause the game to immediately crash.

- Hitting normal waves with the intention to gain a speed boost tends to be a gamble, especially during volcano season it seems. Lining up what looks to be a straight shot to the wave(s) can be very hit or miss, leading to a lot of unintended damage even when care is taken to make sure player angle / camera orientation properly lines up to avoid such mistakes. It feels like I can get the boost from a 180 degree angle during dry / rainy seasons, but when volcano season rolls in, it shrinks to 30, if even that.

- Items seem to sometimes only want to go to certain spots in your inventory, even when there is an open slot that precedes it, even when you specifically put them in said slot that you want them to return to when unequipping. (i.e. A weapon like a hambat in the 1-10 hotkey section of the inventory seems to like throwing itself into the middle of my backpack/piggyback instead of returning to where it was)

Not sure if bug?

- When Packam Baggims reverts back to normal carrying size after being expanded, he stays in his expanded state visually (why does he revert anyway, and so quickly at that?) EDIT: He appears normal after a reload

SUGGESTION EDIT: Add an animation to show/warn that Packam needs to be fed again to maintain his "fat" state before he reverts to normal

- Unusual Clockwork enemy behavior at sea (mostly just sitting around, unusually low aggression)

- Unusual Prime Ape behavior when Silly Monkey Ball is on Packam Baggins. (Pretty sure I read a more detailed report about this elsewhere, but I'm not sure if it's a bug or not)

- Pirate hat parrots visually not having a hat when placed in a cage

Bug that I suspect still exists but haven't tested yet

- Dropping a stackable item from weapon slot due to slippery debuff causing stack size to reset to 1 (I'll get back to you on this one)

I hope, you don't mind if I add some things I just encountered while having fun with the slot machine. I wouldn't want to open another thread as this forum is a mess already.

Additional Bugs:

- The slot machine tried to give me a chilled amulet. It failed to do so, as it was trying to spawn the prefab "chilledamulet", yet, according to the wiki, the prefab is called "blueamulet".

- I am not able to feed any animals in my inventory while on a boat. On land it's working just fine. I tried bees, butterflies and toucans.

- When you throw a not ignited coconade somewhere, it sometimes lands on the ground and keeps rotating and spinning around until picked up again.

- While crafting a boat or raft, you are restricted from placing it too far out in the ocean where it would be unreachable. However, Walani is not restricted while launching her surfboard.

- I stunned a bird with an eye shot and then picked it up. The bird suddenly had a durability information in the slot as it was a tool. When I clicked on it, it disappeared and was never seen again.

- Dead mandrakes make a very weird squishy noise when being picked up from the ground or being taken from the inventory. Is this a bug?

- Usually when I find the oxes water beefalos, the manure that is already there doesn't play its floating animation, just its regular land animation.

- While on a boat, other boats or rafts pose no obstacle at all. You can just row right over them which looks pretty weird.

- The bug with the infinitely zooming in is still happening.

- Not really a bug, more of an oversight: It's not possible to craft the bush hat right now, as to my knowledge there is no way to obtain a normal berry bush.

Concerning the bugs you mentioned, I've encountered the following as well:

- Boomerang (This is also happening in RoG now)

- Torch Auto Equip Fail on Boat

- Surfboard falling apart on island

- I also had some reeds spawn on top of a tidal pool

I'm glad you mentioned that one with the eye shot and birds actually, I had that happen too. I wasn't sure if it was only happening on pirate hat parrots since that was what happened on mine.

EDIT: In addition to the lack of collision detection with other boats while on a boat, for some reason Maxwell's Shadow Clones CAN obstruct you at sea

Pardon the bump, wanted to ask if anyone else has had any strange seemingly random crashes to desktop. I've just been going about the game and then suddenly I hear the sound start looping and a few seconds later, gone. I'm playing on Windows 7.

Also added a couple new bugs to the main report.

Archived